underground elevator

bud9961

You just need to see how the elevators in Vault 88 and other similar elevators - passages are implemented. The player continues to ride the elevator while the location is loading. Accordingly, you just need to make your own elevator and make interiors in which it will travel in the same way. The interiors in the game are only called interiors. In interiors, you can make at least one more world of any size.

You just need to see how the elevators in Vault 88 and other similar elevators - passages are implemented. The player continues to ride the elevator while the location is loading. Accordingly, you just need to make your own elevator and make interiors in which it will travel in the same way. The interiors in the game are only called interiors. In interiors, you can make at least one more world of any size.

There's still a load screen. What happens is the load door, in this case looking like an elevator door, moves you to an elevator cell. While you are in that cell the elevator special effects play and then you are moved to the new cell. It looks like an elevator, but it's still a load door. If both ends are in the same location the load is very quick, and seems more like a momentary dimming than the actual fade to black of loading.

ÃÂ

There's still a load screen.ÃÂ What happens is the load door, in this case looking like an elevator door, moves you to an elevator cell.ÃÂ While you are in that cell the elevator special effects play and then you are moved to the new cell.ÃÂ It looks like an elevator, but it's still a load door.ÃÂ If both ends are in the same location the load is very quick, and seems more like a momentary dimming than the actual fade to black of loading.

Everything is smooth in the game. The character enters the elevator, drives and exits in other interiors. The same elevator in Diamond City ... I don't think it's hard to repeat. It just didn't interest me, but I have a train that is easy to animate and a bunch of building elements for a brand new metro. Someday I will make such a door out of a train according to the same principle. It will be possible to hang the train in an autonomous loop with waits for several minutes at the "stations" and between the "stations" to shove the invisible planes of the doors. Edited by South8028

However, it's not quite correct to do so in order to access an interior space build under the surface of the exterior world space.

It really depends on what the OP is trying to do. They didn't say.

There's nothing wrong with having a small underground area to house, for example, some generators for the outdoor settlement above it.

And it's perfectly fine to make this area accessible via load doors - Nothing wrong or inefficient about that.

But if OP is trying to have a full blown dungeon there, they would be better advised to move all that stuff to an interior cell, indeed.

the idea was an area that had a underground pumphouse to explain how they get water in an area that has no water but ive got it all fixed now i just went with a interior cell and load screen, was just trying to get it more realistic, thanks for all the replies, i wanted it so that the pump placed actually worked for settlement but as a compromise i just added a hidden pump on the exterior cell and a fake pump on the interior cell

Edited by bud9961

However, it's not quite correct to do so in order to access an interior space build under the surface of the exterior world space.

It really depends on what the OP is trying to do. They didn't say.

There's nothing wrong with having a small underground area to house, for example, some generators for the outdoor settlement above it.

And it's perfectly fine to make this area accessible via load doors - Nothing wrong or inefficient about that.

But if OP is trying to have a full blown dungeon there, they would be better advised to move all that stuff to an interior cell, indeed.

the idea was an area that had a underground pumphouse to explain how they get water in an area that has no water but ive got it all fixed now i just went with a interior cell and load screen, was just trying to get it more realistic, thanks for all the replies, i wanted it so that the pump placed actually worked for settlement but as a compromise i just added a hidden pump on the exterior cell and a fake pump on the interior cell

Did you try linking the internal cell pump to the workshop ?( do this by opening the linked ref of the pump..put the window aside and then load the workshop cell ,go to the workshop and THEN hit the select reference...)