Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

A script that will limit the number of REFRs nested in the "Worldspace" record trees would be very helpful. Por ejemplo: You have worldspace cell with five REFRs, one with seven and another with three. Applying the script, with a limit of three REFRs per cell, would remove two REFRs from the first, four from the second, and none from the third.

Ideally, you'd be able to define the 'NAME' value of the REFRs to be removed.

Tah in advance.

http://pastebin.com/PeTD8zE5

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy thar! I have once again found need of a script that is completely out of the scope o' my abilities; and it would indeed be useful for others!

A script that will limit the number of REFRs nested in the "Worldspace" record trees would be very helpful. Por ejemplo: You have worldspace cell with five REFRs, one with seven and another with three. Applying the script, with a limit of three REFRs per cell, would remove two REFRs from the first, four from the second, and none from the third.

Ideally, you'd be able to define the 'NAME' value of the REFRs to be removed.

Reason for asking, is that I hoiked an old mod that had spawn points across the Fallout 3 wasteland. Cutting out everything else 'cept the spawn points, I then changed them to use another mod's spawn object (Endless Warfare, in case yer curious).

But there are far too many; there are over 15,000 of them. I need to clamp this down to around 3,000. A script to reduce the number of REFRs from cells with more than three would be a godsend.

Tah in advance.

This reminds me of a script that I already made, the Virtual Broom script.

https://github.com/matortheeternal/TES5EditScripts/blob/master/trunk/Edit%20Scripts/AT%20-%20Virtual%20Broom%20v1.0.pas

It's basically the same idea, only it works for CELL records, not WRLD records. Would be a few lines of code to make it work with WRLD records though.

Oh noice. I'll go check it out.

Just finished making a fairly gargantuan (for me and my newbishness) script to replace a bunch of refrs. Let us see what I can do >:3

Edit: Gave it a shot. Changed all the 'STAT' lines to 'ACTI'. Didn't work.

Oh right. I should mention that the REFRs I want to limit are not items or the like; they're activators.

Nevermind broski. I found a function that is of much help. "ChildGroup". Thanks anyhow.

Edited by FiftyTifty

I suggest a Tool to automate adding keywords from weapon and armor fixes remade to other mods or patches, for easy compatibility to have the smithing menu be consistant. Possibly to remove default keywords that would conflict with WAFR, while retaining keywords that the other mod would need to funcion. And possibly add the WAFR keywords based on materials used for crafting to new entries not otherwise covered by WAFR. Such as the bonus armors from CT77's remodeled armours, and the various thigh boots.

I suggest a Tool to automate adding keywords from weapon and armor fixes remade to other mods or patches, for easy compatibility to have the smithing menu be consistant. Possibly to remove default keywords that would conflict with WAFR, while retaining keywords that the other mod would need to funcion. And possibly add the WAFR keywords based on materials used for crafting to new entries not otherwise covered by WAFR. Such as the bonus armors from CT77's remodeled armours, and the various thigh boots.

I'm done something similar for CCOR, could do this fairly easily.

I left this on the main post thread before seeing there was a forum. And I'm not sure if I already commented, so pardon if I'm repeating myself, but it would be AMAZING if one of the scripts offered was to generate a leveled list entry for a selected weapon or armor. It's a straight-forward albeit laborious process to do it by hand.

From there, one could simply run Wrye Bash as usual to merge lists, but it would be a huge help to get all those standalone armors and weapons into the world with a few clicks.

Thanks!

I left this on the main post thread before seeing there was a forum. And I'm not sure if I already commented, so pardon if I'm repeating myself, but it would be AMAZING if one of the scripts offered was to generate a leveled list entry for a selected weapon or armor. It's a straight-forward albeit laborious process to do it by hand.

From there, one could simply run Wrye Bash as usual to merge lists, but it would be a huge help to get all those standalone armors and weapons into the world with a few clicks.

Thanks!

That's been on the list for awhile. :) I'll get to it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried searching for info on this but it seems like no one has asked about it in the thread. So: is it possible to make a "Weapon Mod Builder" in basically the same way as the "Armor Mod Builder"? Could the AMB be updated to include support for making weapons?

Yes and yes. I just don't have much time these days. :/

Tried searching for info on this but it seems like no one has asked about it in the thread. So: is it possible to make a "Weapon Mod Builder" in basically the same way as the "Armor Mod Builder"? Could the AMB be updated to include support for making weapons?

Yes and yes. I just don't have much time these days. :/

Well, you're just one person, and with the number of indispensible modding tools you've made and keep up to date, it'd be surprising if you could just up and run with some random idea. Just figured I'd mention it. Thanks!