Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

yeah, I left the textures where they were and just consolidated the meshes into a single folder so I wouldn't have to go searching for them any more

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a script function to batch change paths? I moved my resources into a single folder and need to change several hundred records to point to the new folder, without changing the entire path, I just need to add a new folder name to the beginning of the path, everything else stayed the same.

Should be pretty easy to make. I'd estimate ~15 minutes.

• 2 months later...

A way to see the armor or weapons you are modifying values for, just like the already existing visual perk tree modifier. I was trying to modify damage values for a sword mod I like but couldn't remember what they looked like. If I could see everything this would be much easier. That sword is huge...increase damage, that armor is actually just a dress...change crafting station etc.

A way to see the armor or weapons you are modifying values for, just like the already existing visual perk tree modifier. I was trying to modify damage values for a sword mod I like but couldn't remember what they looked like. If I could see everything this would be much easier. That sword is huge...increase damage, that armor is actually just a dress...change crafting station etc.

Why not just read the name of the sword? The name should be enough.

What you're asking for is NIF viewing, which requires integration with niflib. That is being worked on by the xEdit team, but it's very complicated. It's not something that can be accomplished from a script.

Select model file name row in the right pane when viewing WEAP record and hit Ctrl+C to copy it to clipboard. Then press Ctrl+F3 to call Assets Browser script, wait few seconds unti it appears, paste file name into the filter field, then double click on a file entry in list box. It will open that NIF file in NifScope if .nif extension is associated with NifScope in your system, or asks to associate manually if not yet. You will need NifScope installed before doind this of course. All in all it takes around 3-5 seconds on my PC from the moment I copy mesh name into clipboard to the moment NifScopes opens it in total, so it is almost like an instant preview feature. Don't forget to set the list of vanilla BSA archives in NifScope's options and the path to Skyrim's Data folder otherwise models will be white if textures are packed and NifScope can't locate them.

What is specially possibel with the scripts nearly everything u can do with CK , just in a faster way or i missunderstand there something ?

because i planning atm a big complete overhaul for skyrim and looking on ur automated tools it would be save tons of time only using the actually offered scripts.

for clear im new to creationkit and have right now some problems getting my ideas working probably right, but when ur scripts working as they should this is really a big change to mooding skyrim at all and time saving too.

Greetings

hi.

CK doesn't offer any way to automate/batch edit things, so yes, I think scripts could help you. I would like to say though that you should learn to use the CK anyways, because it is the tool that most modders use and offers some aspects of GUI that are very approachable compared to xEdit (e.g. Cell window, certain visual editors)

hi.

CK doesn't offer any way to automate/batch edit things, so yes, I think scripts could help you. I would like to say though that you should learn to use the CK anyways, because it is the tool that most modders use and offers some aspects of GUI that are very approachable compared to xEdit (e.g. Cell window, certain visual editors)

Ty for the reply.

Sure im learning Ck i love tools making modding possibel at all, but the negative aspect is when u starting with it u first searching throught some tutorials and Videos to get started. It helps firstly but after u learn the basic stuff whats mostly all the same from the videos/tuts and want or need going further them u rare find anything realated to it and searching and testing out urself until it working whats massiv time consuming is with the massiv amount of possibel ways making anything working. Papyrus scripts would be offer a easier way but again for that u need some coding skills where my going into Zero :P.

So a way to automate some processes is really useful for modding starter as me i cant say how modding veterans would profit from it except the Time saving. But yeah its really a big Community help offer this Tools so thanks for it =)

PS : Sorry for terribel english forming and hope / wish u luck on ur software career u deserve it c:

easy way of combining different mods like weapon/armor/hairs replacers will be: if an item replaces another one, then a leveled list is created and both items are added to it, so the game to use both... (and if one of the items is already a custom leveled list, then the other one is simply added to the list)... it works like this if I understood correctly from Mator's videos...
after a simple name change, it would also work with 2 different variants of mod... like Immersive Wenches for example (with the different hair packs)...