Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

Hi. A script to delete records in skyrim that have an error condition would be golden. When going back and forth between skyrim old and skyrim se it would save so much time. I need to take my mod back to old skryim, and there are water records with errors, which is expected. I just need to delete them and the mod is again usable in old skryim. But there are many.

Do you mean errors as is reported by xEdit when you check a plugin for errors? You want to delete any record that has errors in it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idea: threaded parallel processing. I tried doing a record dump for my 255 plugin load for AMMO, WEAP, ARMO, SHOU, SPEL, ALCH, INGRE use quick viewer, and its going on 4 or 5 hours. I'm wondering if you processed 1 of each record type in each pass, like batch processing, if that would significantly speed up the results?

just an idea

Edited by irswat

idea: threaded parallel processing. I tried doing a record dump for my 255 plugin load for AMMO, WEAP, ARMO, SHOU, SPEL, ALCH, INGRE use quick viewer, and its going on 4 or 5 hours. I'm wondering if you processed 1 of each record type in each pass, like batch processing, if that would significantly speed up the results?

just an idea

xEdit is not thread-safe. Making it thread-safe could be extremely difficult. Once I have completed xedit-lib it may be possible to read/process data in multiple threads simultaneously. However, your issue is just that xedit scripts execute very slowly: what you want is native code execution speeds, not multi-threading.

xedit-lib will make it easy to work with plugins through the xedit framework with native code execution speeds.

Thanks Mator you are too kind, however there is no need because I'm an idiot and was using it wrong. Instead of selecting only the record types I wanted, and the paths, I had your program going through every single form in every single plugin. No wonder it wonked out.

However, I have a feature request for automation tools:

a simple checkbox "Do this for all available plugins."

So for example I would load my entire load order, select AMMO, ARMO, INGR, SPEL, WEAP, ALCH, run AT-QuickDisplay, output FULL, check "Do this for all available plugins" and it will output the names of each of the selected record for every plugin that has those record type. This would be extremely useful. I wouldn't be surprised if you already have a way to do this and I just haven't it out.

Hey a got a question: Do u know Warcraft 3 Model Eidtor Trigger where u could do good thinks easly without to know computer programing? That will be awesome for Skyrim.

I mean insteat of script the ppl get a very user friendly I mean u program by completing missing words questions like this:

Crate a UNIT faceing ANGLE at POSITION....

where u select units angle and poztion from a table u can do so no programing knowledge needed.

Hey a got a question: Do u know Warcraft 3 Model Eidtor Trigger where u could do good thinks easly without to know computer programing? That will be awesome for Skyrim.

I mean insteat of script the ppl get a very user friendly I mean u program by completing missing words questions like this:

Crate a UNIT faceing ANGLE at POSITION....

where u select units angle and poztion from a table u can do so no programing knowledge needed.

I'll have to check that out, that sounds interesting. :)