Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sad to hear, but I understand.

Ultimately it will be a good thing. xEdit Scripting is not very efficient and has numerous costs due to the limitations of the jvInterpreter and the Delphi programming language. The xEdit scripting API is also very inconsistent and can be difficult to work with. I'm building my own API in the form of a DLL on top of the xEdit framework which I will then expose through a JavaScript based scripting system via an Electron application. This will allow me to create more automated solutions faster.

That's sad to hear, but I understand.

Ultimately it will be a good thing. xEdit Scripting is not very efficient and has numerous costs due to the limitations of the jvInterpreter and the Delphi programming language. The xEdit scripting API is also very inconsistent and can be difficult to work with. I'm building my own API in the form of a DLL on top of the xEdit framework which I will then expose through a JavaScript based scripting system via an Electron application. This will allow me to create more automated solutions faster.

So, one could say you are modding xEdit in order to better be able to mod mods? Most magnificent.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to create a script that could add PerkSkillBoosts "Skill Boosts" [PERK:000CF788] to all NPCs so they could benefits from all item enchantments. I know ASIS can do it, but it's not available for Skyrim Special Edition.

Thanks

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to create a script that could add PerkSkillBoosts "Skill Boosts" [PERK:000CF788] to all NPCs so they could benefits from all item enchantments. I know ASIS can do it, but it's not available for Skyrim Special Edition.

Thanks

You don't really need any additional script, xEdit can do that by itself. Just:

1) Copy all NPC records into a new plugin

2) Add that perk to the last one

3) Select all NPC records in your new plugin, making sure to select the last one last (e.g. drag select all but the last, then click on that one)

4) Right click on that added perk's field (not the space with the perk itself, the empty space across from PRKR - Perk)

5) Copy to Selected Records -> Ok

If you mean doing it in-game dynamically, so you don't have to have massive incompatibilities due to the fact that you are editing every single NPC in the game, you're looking in the wrong place. That's a completely different kind of script.