Adding Attach points to objects for NPC 'sit' animations (what am I missing?)

PJMail

To make your companion use the minigun, checkboxes of their AI package “Ignore Combat” and “No Combat Alert” need to be unchecked (just like on packages of the vertibird random encounter quests). (Those checkboxes are checked on the vanilla vertibird passenger AI package).

I assume you are writing this for other readers as I already said I know how all this works.

Making the NPC shoot is simple - making it visibly aim is what I was getting at. The bullets hit the enemies, but the NPC does not swivel the Minigun in sync. Not a big issue though..

Edited by PJMail

My current issue is the gunner is below the attach point while the Vertibird is landed, then he drifts into the correct position when the Vertibird takes off.

While flying he stays in the correct spot and shoots the minigun, but when hovering he appears to stay in the same spacial position while the Vertibird 'drifts' around him.

Basically the game seems to keep my gunner in sync with the Vertibird ONLY while it is flying (though of course all the 'standard' attach points work all the time).

Please read what I said above - I know all about Snapin AI packages etc. The NPC is stuck in his Minigun pose and stays relative to the Vertibird direction and position - just not tracking the Vertibird exactly when landed or hovering.

To make your companion use the minigun, checkboxes of their AI package “Ignore Combat” and “No Combat Alert” need to be unchecked (just like on packages of the vertibird random encounter quests). (Those checkboxes are checked on the vanilla vertibird passenger AI package).

I assume you are writing this for other readers as I already said I know how all this works.

Ah, I see..

My current issue is the gunner is below the attach point while the Vertibird is landed, then he drifts into the correct position when the Vertibird takes off.

Open skeleton.nif, navigate to your connection point and add the parent COM (just write it there). Now my NPC immediatelly snaps into the right spot and stays there until the vertibird lands.

It should look like this:

ZVOqHDT.png

ÃÃÂ

To make your companion use the minigun, checkboxes of their AI package âIgnore Combatâ and âNo Combat Alertâ need to be unchecked (just like on packages of the vertibird random encounter quests). (Those checkboxes are checked on the vanilla vertibird passenger AI package).

ÃÃÂ

Ah, I see..

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

Open skeleton.nif, navigate to your connection point and add the parent COM (just write it there). Now my NPC immediatelly snaps into the right spot and stays there until the vertibird lands.

ÃÃÂ

It should look like this:

ÃÃÂ

ZVOqHDT.png

I'm sorry to trouble you. But could you please explain how to link bs connect point in nifscop? I can just copy the points from another mesh and add them to the extra data list ... The points work in the game, but they don't move with the animated mesh. Could you point out how to insert them so that the points snap to the animated mesh? I can create them in 3d max and animate them with the mesh, but it is long and inconvenient. Is there an option to bind these points to animation in nifscop?

https://youtu.be/UMSb1MoWtR8

Edited by South8028

I'm sorry to trouble you. But could you please explain how to link bs connect point in nifscop? I can just copy the points from another mesh and add them to the extra data list ... The points work in the game, but they don't move with the animated mesh. Could you point out how to insert them so that the points snap to the animated mesh? I can create them in 3d max and animate them with the mesh, but it is long and inconvenient. Is there an option to bind these points to animation in nifscop?

I've never done animated meshes so I don't know.. and I'm not even sure if it's possible.

ÃÃÂ I'm sorry to trouble you. But could you please explain how to link bs connect point in nifscop? I can just copy the points from another mesh and add them to the extra data list ... The points work in the game, but they don't move with the animated mesh. Could you point out how to insert them so that the points snap to the animated mesh? I can create them in 3d max and animate them with the mesh, but it is long and inconvenient. Is there an option to bind these points to animation in nifscop?

ÃÃÂ

I've never done animated meshes soÃÃÂ I don't know.. and I'm not even sure if it's possible.

Tried it like furniture, doesn't work either. The root is tied to the ground. (

https://youtu.be/zpeL5tyIv30

It would be incredibly handy if it were possible. I could put together an activator engine with sequences ... Up, down, left, right, stop, and with bs connect point. It would be possible to assemble controlled flying vehicles in the workshop. Gradually build up their elements. Fuselages, fenders, propellers, armchairs, consoles. Any models.

I can't figure out such a thing ... If you just start the animation in flight "playidle", it is tightly attached to the flying mesh. The same will happen if you run the animation through aaf. No matter how he maneuvers, the bones are tightly tied to him. But the animation of the furniture is somehow tied to the ground.

Edited by South8028

Making the NPC shoot is simple - making it visibly aim is what I was getting at. The bullets hit the enemies, but the NPC does not swivel the Minigun in sync. Not a big issue though..

If I remember correctly at all and it's anything like from when I did something similar'ish, I *think* it's an anims thing for the guns.

NPC's just don't have the same 3rd-person control the player does. They *will* move a little, but not nearly even close to as much as the player will...and it's very inconsistent, even the little the can/do rotate/aim.

....stress that I *think* this is the reason...but never truly gave it much real thought or much troubleshooting time.

If I remember correctly at all and it's anything like from when I did something similar'ish, I *think* it's an anims thing for the guns.

NPC's just don't have the same 3rd-person control the player does. They *will* move a little, but not nearly even close to as much as the player will...and it's very inconsistent, even the little the can/do rotate/aim.

....stress that I *think* this is the reason...but never truly gave it much real thought or much troubleshooting time.

Now that I have my second gunner working I see exactly what BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah is saying - the 'bullets' follow the aim but the gunner NPC does not move at all (or only a little). And I am using the same 'Gunner' animation graph as the player - very inconsistent...