Good games are in the shops for a short time

Birrii

Hi.

Recently, it was my birthday, and I thought what I wanted for my birthday. But the answer was quite simple: Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

So, me and my friends went to all the gaming shops in the centre of my hometown, and none of them sold them. I was surprised, and you know why? Because these expansion packs have won prizes of being the best game of the year, and already no stores sell them.

Only three years ago it was published. What about movies? They still sell movies from the 90s that weren't that popular and didn't win any prizes. But why not Oblivion? The shops still sel games like Neverwinter Nights 2, even they published it in 2002. yes, it won several prizes, and so did Morrowind, and so did Oblivion, but they aren't sold anymore.

I can understand why FO3 is being sold in the stores: It's brand new.

Are they still selling Oblivion? It may also be that now that I live in such a small and forgotten country (have you ever heard of the country Norway? :P), that no one remembers to sell the games to this country.

What do you think about this?

How is it going in your hometown's stores?

Birrii

This is because more and more people shop on-line now. You can get anything you want there.

But, are people doing it because they want to or is it because the shops don't sell want they want?

I for one wanted to get FO3 through brick &mortar means but no place near me had the PC collector's edition (360 &ps3 versions were available) so I ended up getting it through newegg

This is because more and more people shop on-line now. You can get anything you want there.

But, are people doing it because they want to or is it because the shops don't sell want they want?

I for one wanted to get FO3 through brick &mortar means but no place near me had the PC collector's edition (360 &ps3 versions were available) so I ended up getting it through newegg

Because they want to. More and more is purchased online these days. Who wants to deal with traffic and crowds compared to just clicking a few buttons and having it delivered? Brick and mortar is dying a slow death.

I prefer buying it at the shops. Uncapped internet is still a luxury in my country and I only have one gig cap per month, and purchasing another gig costs me about R70, wich is about $7. So, downloading a normal sized game nowadays can cost me up to $35 - $50 dollars extra.

Plus, if you don't like the game, you can always sell it, something you can't do when you download games.

I prefer buying the games in the shops, like Haloror. If you buy it online, there is bigger risk that there will be problems and so on. I just don't trust online buying :P

I prefer buying the games in the shops, like Haloror. If you buy it online, there is bigger risk that there will be problems and so on. I just don't trust online buying :P

I've been buying everything from computer equipment to clothes to gifts, books, even motorcycle, auto, and boat parts, since 1997. Never had a single issue. As a former IT tech, I may have been either savvy or lucky.

I've been buying everything from computer equipment to clothes to gifts, books, even motorcycle, auto, and boat parts, since 1997. Never had a single issue. As a former IT tech, I may have been either savvy or lucky.

Yeah, but those are still material stuff. The type of online buying I don't like is buying games online and downloading it. I also buy lots of stuff over the internet. It's just easier that way, because it gets frustrating if stuff are out of stock after you drove to a shop.

Hate to tell you but in Texas (Houston) I've had no problem finding Oblivion especially the new "Game of the Year Edition" which includes both DLCs.

Knights of the Nine is harder to find though.

I prefer to buy from a store because I like having the box, printed literature and why should I waste time downloading if it's not much cheaper and I will need to burn it on a DVD for backup (or some other means).

We have Game Stop, Electronic Boutique, Best Buy or even Wal-Mart, Target & K-Mart not to mention all the specialty stores.

Best Buy (rewards card) & Game Stop are usually were I buy my games, both are only 7 minutes away and I love browsing.

Archived