Rolling down-time this coming week on all sites

Dark0ne

Hopefully the site will be at full capacity soon. The Nexus has refused to allow me to click on a mod's tabs (files, posts, etc) so I can only download it [partially] if I can install it from the description page. Most people seem to have the site working for them, but I have been unable to do anything for two weeks. Out of curiosity, does anybody else have this problem?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8547162.

Well..

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Laws
Murphy was an optimist.
:-)

Back to business, I totally understand the need to move to a scalable solution that is not depended on one physical instance of hardware. And ones there implemented, the ability to freely move, expand and control the needed resources at the moments need instead of slam in new hardware and gain a less then optimized solution anyway I understand the smart and logical reasoning behind it.

But it's hard work and I give all people involved in this move thumb's up. It's the right way, maybe one of the only way's to get greater control and to be able to dynamically expand with as little efforts possible for the huge Nexus community.

Wouldn't it be better if they simply put the entire nexus down until everything is working at a hundred and ten percent? It won't be be popular but if the gain outwheights the rest... or something like that

If this was a little hobby project with 1000 to 10'000 visitors a week, well maybe... But since Nexus have like 100'000+ visitors a day, noway! (This is a rough estimate I think it would be nice with a current statistic of all Nexus visitors a day, just to get people a picture how big Nexus is!)

And it is not needed anyway, by moving sub sites one after another one gain a smooth move and you will not disturb the community to much. Another benefit is that you on the move can find out bugs and anomalies on the run and for every movement of old sub sites to the new environment you get more and more knowledge to get it right at the first place, and to a minimized annoyance for all the users.

that makes sense I suppose. It's not like I know much about that sort of stuff. I mean, I'm no n00b when it comes to a computer but ask me about networking and that sort of stuff... urgh.

I have been unable to get a mod to download for at least 4 days, I got one to download ~5 days ago but only one the next one I clicked on went server busy unable to download which is what happened most of the previous week as well. (<-- premium member, not sure if that matters for downloads)

Correction, I have been unable to get a mod to download with the NMM manager but I was able to download manually...

Edited by Kevlarmorte

Everything I try to download is just not working, Manual or with NMM. Why con't I download anything? I went on the forums and lots more are experiencing the same issues. I downloaded NMM and FOMM not even 2 hours ago and those were the only things that I could download.

In response to post #8554289. #8556332 is also a reply to the same post.

edit NMM preferences to "check for update everyday" then close it completely and reopen it, it then asked me to download a new version. after that it is working (I had tried it immediately before and it was not working). That seems to have fixed it, try that...