Fallout 4 Random CTDs and I just want to ask what mod is most likely causing it

uysiorly

I'm new to modding but I tried to really do some troubleshooting before posting here. I've been playing for 5 hours but I've already had >10 random CTD's, from just walking, to moving between places, to fast-travelling, etc.

I used Vortex to install the mods, I'm also running F4SE, LOOT, QuickCleaner

I've initially installed 60 mods that I saw were interesting from youtube and I thought that they'd be compatible with each other since they were recommended by the same channel.

Here's the load order of mods I've used https://pastebin.com/B08sVHEN

Actually I've already deleted some mods that I thought were causing the problems (I did this mid-game, I know, bad move) and the CTD's remained. I noticed there were two mods that had deleted navmeshes which were Better Goodneighbor and Better The Thirdrail so I deleted them. After that I also deleted FunctionalDisplay since it had some ITM's that no matter what I did, didn't get cleaned. I also deleted Better Settlers since I thought it might have been incompatible with Sim Settlements 2.

I've tried everything I could without starting a new game (changing my settings, deleting mods, trying Resaver which couldn't also load my save file).

Now I just give up and I just want to start a new save. I just wanna ask what should I do when starting this new save and what mods should I delete before doing so? Thank you!

You would be better served by taking your problem to a Fallout 4 support forum. Are you using LOOT in addition to Vortex? If so, don't, because LOOT is already integrated into Vortex.

Yeah I'm using LOOT in addition to vortex

Oh so maybe that's what's causing the problems?

But I'll ask there too, thank you!!

Guest deleted34304850

None of your issues are vortex issues - however if you're new to modding then here's some hard/fast rules to stop you breaking your game.

1. never - not ever - remove a mod from a game you're currently playing. if you do - you break that game. now people are going to argue this is wrong - it isn't. just don't do it.

2. try not to add mods to a game you're playing for the same reason. it's less likely to happen, but to stop it from ever happening, just don't do it.

when you are playing a game - play the game.

if the urge to mod it is uncontrollable then come to terms with the fact that there's a good chance your modding is going to break the game.

3. if you don't really understand modding why are you using a mod like resaver? do you know what it does and how your mods work well enough to be able to use it successfully without completely destroying a save? if the answer is no (it is) then don't use this mod. period. not even a discussion.

4. what mod caused your crash? hard to say. its rare to be able to spot it from a load order, and papyrus log isn't a debug aid.

5. if you want to try to eliminate crashes, you may want to look at installing UFO4P (ignore any naysayers on this, they're obviously idiots - just do it). Also look at buffout4 and its various and essential components including F4SE and address library.

6. before you install any mod - READ the mod description. So many errors are user errors where mods have been installed that are not compatible, or are in the wrong order. READ.

7. do not follow any load order guides. they're well meaning garbage. all of them.

You would be better served by taking your problem to a Fallout 4 support forum. Are you using LOOT in addition to Vortex? If so, don't, because LOOT is already integrated into Vortex.

Yeah I'm using LOOT in addition to vortex

Oh so maybe that's what's causing the problems?

But I'll ask there too, thank you!!

What 1ae0bfb8 said.

Also, if the problems go away when sorting with Vortex exclusively, then the answer to your question is "yes." If not, then the answer to your question is "no."

If you've not already done so, you may find it helpful to consult the Vortex plugins page for LOOT information about various plugins. There may be something there to help you.

Good luck!

Edited by AugustaCalidia