Event triggered upon entering a cell

BrotherBob

I posted this under another section of the forums, but am unsure of whether it was the right place to post, so I'll post it here.

I want to have a script that triggers some functions when the Player changes cells. Just to keep it simple, if I wanted to add an Ability to the Player that caused 1000000 gold to be added to the Player's inventory upon entering a cell, what would I have to do? Any help is really appreciated.

I would think that just inside the cell you'd need to have a very large trigger box (perhaps the size of the cell) that when the player enters the trigger the script then processes. Not sure how it would work with a load door where the player is transported inside and doesn't walk into it. You may need to pull the box back from the entrance point and use clutter (and other such impassible stuff) to prevent the player from walking anywhere else other than into the trigger box.

The script would use the OnTriggerEnter event. The rest of the script would depend exactly upon what you want to do.

Thanks for your explanation but I need something more general.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I need it to trigger every time I enter a new cell. For instance, I'm in the Bannered Mare. I leave to go to the streets of Whiterun. I want the event to trigger now. Once there, I decide I want to enter the Jorrvaskr. Once I spawn in that cell, I again want it to trigger. Now, after deciding to go into the Living Quarters, I want it to trigger again. Generally, I'm looking for a way to trigger some scripts every time I go from one cell to another.

Edited by BrotherBob

Oh you want something that does an action whenever the player changes a cell...

Since Tamriel itself is made up of tons of cells I doubt you want whatever to happen when the player is simply walking across the map from point A to point B. Sounds to me like you want it to take place only when entering load doors.

Here is one option.

http://www.creationkit.com/OnLocationChange_-_Actor

You'd have to know before hand which cell is being left and which is being entered. Doable but tedious I'm sure. The script would go on the player alias in a dummy quest. You might be able to create a form list of all the tamriel cells and a second form list of all the cells you want it to happen in and then read into the lists to ensure that the player left a tamriel cell and entered an interior cell. Don't know how bad that will be on processing especially so close to a loading screen and auto-save point.

The other option is more hands on.

Create some object that you can activate via hotkey or by equipping, it's script will then process. But that would require you to decide when to do it. Might take away from the purpose or intent of what you are wanting to do.