Lakeview Manor - As It Should Be (Bugs/Glitches)

captain9122

First post on here, hope it's helpful. Had the same issue with stairs clipping through the fireplace and stuff. Just spent an hour or so tampering with SSEEdit and got it to work. Here is something of a guide for those like me who haven't really used it:

1. Open up MO2, run SSEEdit

2. When the "module Selection" window pops up, right-click and choose "select none", then either scroll or type Lux in the filter bar

3. Left click the checkbox for Lux.esp, it's the only one that matters for this, then click OK

4. When the process completes, navigate to the left pane and click the little plus next to Lux.esp and then do the same for the subheading "Cell"

5. It should give a list like Block 0, Block 1, etc. through Block 9, inside of each should be several Sub-Blocks

6. Click through them until you see something akin to "BYOHHouse1" and select it (I Believe the main house is in Block 8 and the cellar is in Block 4, can't remember what sub-blocks as I am writing this retroactively)

7. If you have left-clicked on the correct one, the right pane should show that it is conflicting with "LKVM Main House.esp" or "LKVM Cellar and Exterior.esp" depending on which one you are after (in the case of clipping stairs, it is main house)

8. Once you have selected the correct cell, simply right click on it in the left pane and select the "remove" option.

9. A window will pop up asking if you are sure. when the timer finishes, select yes.

10. When you are satisfied, close down SSEEdit. It should give you a prompt asking if you would like to save your changes, select yes.

11. Boot up Skyrim again and profit.

If you get it wrong, don't worry. Just go back to nexus and redownload lux, everything will be restored and can be looked over again the same way.

When I did this, I loaded back into my current save (which was even inside the house) and everything was normal. If that doesn't fix it, try re-instancing into the house or reloading a save from before the house was built. Make sure you also follow the directions on the mod page description.

Hopefully this guide is specific enough for those with less computer know-how than myself. If not, I will try to make edits accordingly.

This is my first post on this forum but i want to say thank you because i was racking my head for HOURS (even started new save and reinstalled all mods), this was my first time using SSEEdit but your tutorial was very helpful!

• 2 months later...

I have encountered an odd bug, probably a navmesh issue.  Occasionally a NPC will wander over near the fireplace in the master bedroom and sleep suspended in the air. I presume this is where the bed was in the vanilla version and the marker is still in the navmesh.  Quite funny to see it happen.  Also, the bed placed by the mod does not appear to have the correct navigation markers for a spouse to find it at bed time.  

Edited by Mykelorcrist

• 3 months later...

CELLAR ACCESS BUG - For those it may help

I did some digging in CK to find where the markers were as you cannot access the basement from the normal location

BUT

You can from outside the house - As you look at the main doors, go around the right hand side, right up against the house itself, theres a trapdoor to the basement

You are able to use the ladder in the cellar to go up to the main house but have to access the basement from the outside

Something to do with the Fishing CC from what Ive read but I dont know for sure.

Hopefully this is of use to someone out there :)

entrance.jpg