[WIP] Warhammer 40K Imperial Weapons

Dreganius

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the marine armour is ok but its not rbilliant its still clearly bodged together out of Fallout power armour

The only thing wrong I see with it is that doesn't look wide enough

The Fallout 3 human skeleton is limiting in that regard, if the armour was wider it wouldn't animate correctly. If the Super Mutant skeleton was more animated he would have based the armour on that (seeing as Super Mutants are much closer to the Space Marine body type than the regular humans).

And @ SgtRoadkill check his latest mod screenshots he's replaced the upper legs (which was really the only obvious bit that came from Fallout 3 Power Armour).

Back on topic, people.

I know, yes, there is already one out there, but I thought I'd have my own try at the Bolter. This one uses the Sickle mag ;)

I used Gold in this one, as the holy Bolter is the primary weapon of the Emperor's Finest, and I thought it suited.

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/11/10344/thumb_620x2000/Sickle_Boltgun.jpg

awesome! i always thought i need ed to be big as well especially in the hands of a normal human, if you get it done and in gmae i will probs change it to heavy weaposn becaus etha tthing in the hands of anormal human would at very least dislocate your shoulders at works fracture most of the bone si n your torso and arms

awesome! i always thought i need ed to be big as well especially in the hands of a normal human, if you get it done and in gmae i will probs change it to heavy weaposn becaus etha tthing in the hands of anormal human would at very least dislocate your shoulders at works fracture most of the bone si n your torso and arms

Not really as the Bolt Shell is a self contained rocket, the Bolter has relitively low recoil. The weight of the weapon though would justify the big gun settings, as you'd need to be strong enough to lift the bolter let alone aim it.

I know, yes, there is already one out there, but I thought I'd have my own try at the Bolter.

What you mean the other one that doesn't animate and shines like the sun? :rolleyes:

Outlander you right about the power armour i had a look at the update and i like it much more

in regards to the bolter i was always udner the impressin that the shells were meant ot leave with a hoigh amount of force...

but i suppose your right, the weight would be th emain issue but i imagine those shelsl at a high riate of fire would still cause some sort of probs..

or am i jsut trying to blag it now? feck knows oh well

Outlander you right about the power armour i had a look at the update and i like it much more

in regards to the bolter i was always udner the impressin that the shells were meant ot leave with a hoigh amount of force...

but i suppose your right, the weight would be th emain issue but i imagine those shelsl at a high riate of fire would still cause some sort of probs..

or am i jsut trying to blag it now? feck knows oh well

Bolters don't really actually have a high rate of fire (ignore what you see in DoW or DoW 2), the standard bolter has two configurations single shot or a short burst. This is typically because the Bolter's rounds are so powerful (they explode on impact / upon entering the body - different bolt shell types have different specs). In most cases a single bolt shell will leave approximately an eight to twelve inch hole in you (after detonation), so there is no real need for a high rate of fire.

so your saying tryanids don't justify full auto? And yes they have....modded versions. It's really up to the individaul marine....although as much of a female dog as it is to manufacture....I suppose it's justified. and truth be told if a bolt hit you you'd be in peices....period. And they do have bolter's regular humans can use. Although the bolters marines use the recoil would be massive. Cause the armour is designed to absorb alot of it. And thank you for knowing what the actual projectile is....and NOT A BULLET. I think a staker pattern bolter would be more apropriate.