Newbie question

BuzzMo

Hi everyone, i got some question for you that i hope you can help me with (even if they are quite noob).

i make a short list just to be clear.

1) do the weapon on skyrim increase their damage if you use them a lot? i.e. i got an orchish sword that make a lot more damage with respect to other weapon and 2 hand weapon (even magical) found later in the game (goldbrand or dawnbreaker for exemple).

2) where the level of my weapon is showed? i've heard that weapon can be legendary or something similar...

3) i usualy use an "enhance weapon-fire" on my orchish sword, and the game says it does 60 damages, and a line below it says "26 damage of fire to health". does it means that my sword do 86 damages or in that 60 are included the 26 fire damages?

4) after i use "enhance weapon-fire" on the orchish sword, the enchantment persist, even if i put away my weapon. I've cheked and with other weapon this not happens. Is because this is the weapon i used more or it's just a bug?

5) at 32 level i reached 100 points in 1-handed and it ask me if i want to reset the perk to 14 and starting the legendary mode. how this change the skill tree?

thank you so much for the answer and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

BuzzMo

P.S. if it's useful to answer my questions, i use SkyRe

1) No, using your weapon a lot isn't going to increase the damage that specific weapon does. However, if you use a one-handed weapon you will increase your on-handed skill and that will increase the damage dealt, but this increase will be for all one-handed weapons you use.

2) In brackets immediatly after the normal name if you look in the inventory. It is my experience that these improved weapons and armor do not appear as loot, you'll have to make them yourselves. Improving weapons is done on a grindstone, and armor on a workbench. You will need an ingot of the type of armor it is (iron sword needs an iron ingot), but the interface will tell you. How much you can improve them depends on your smithing skill. Also, you'll need one of the smithing perks (can't remember its name) to improve enchanted weapons and armor.

3) It will do 60 'normal' damage and then 26 fire damage on top of that. This means that if your opponent resists 50% of your fire attack, he'll still feel the normal 60 damage + 0.5* 26 = 13 fire damage. Similarly, only the 'normal' damage is protected through normal armour, the fire damage isn't, or at least, not as effectively. Heavy and light armor are bad for defence against magic attacks, if I recal correctly.

4) The enchantment will presist, however it can drain. This means that the weapon will need to be recharged with another soul at some point. So if it doesn't seem to presist, including the descriptive text going away, I'd suggest to first of all check if you apply the enchantment properly, and if not, it may be some bug.

5) I have not yet been in such a situation, so I can't help you here. Sorry.

Regards,

Korot

Hi Korot, and thank you for the answer.

regarding point 4) i probably express myself badly: the weapon isn't enchanted at an enchantment desk, i use an alteration spell "enhance weapon-fire" on my orchish sword. this spell cause the sword to do 15fire damage for 540 sec. the spell says that the magical effect vanishes if i scabbard my sword, but with this weapon this not happens. in fact even if i wait for 12 hours the sword is still "enchanted". this only happens with the orchish sword...

BuzzMo

5) at 32 level i reached 100 points in 1-handed and it ask me if i want to reset the perk to 14 and starting the legendary mode. how this change the skill tree?

The reset is just that. It resets your 1handed back to start and you can level 1handed up again. This creates no level cap anymore (it used to be 80-81) as everytime you level your skills you gain experience to level up. To always level up, you reset your skills and keep going. It has its benefits, ie you put points in a skill you're no longer using - such as you started doing mage but went rogue, so you could reset the magic skills and shift those perk points to a new skill but if you do reset, it does lower the benefits that skill gives you.

I hope that makes sense.

1. Nope. You just probably put a lot of perks into the damage of your weapons in the 1H tree, which is why they might seem to be "improving".

2. It is shown right next to the name of the weapon. In order to make it get a higher damage rate, you need to improve it at the grindstone(same goes for armor and armor rating).

3. That means it does 60 regular damage AND an extra 26 fire damage, so 86 damage in total.

4. Not quite sure what you meant at the end. Enchanted weapons will lose their enchantments over time(depending on the enchantment), however they can be recharged with a soul gem(Note: If you fortify your armor to have -100 in all schools of magic then your weapon will never lose its charges)

5. Clicking spacebar on a 100 level skill makes it reset to 15, and gives you all your perks back, thus allowing you to level up that skill AGAIN. Note that this will make your gameplay experience much more difficutl and in my opinion is not worth it. I suggest you use the Skyrim Community Uncapper instead which allows you to level your skills beyond 100.

Hope this helps!