How many of you use hardcore mode?

gunslinger6792

Do you use hardcore mode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Hardcore Mode

• Yes
    • No

There are mods to change the companions, that is the one thing I did not like about hard core just because the AI is not smart enough to handle these kinds of things. Most Beth games the AI is not strong enough to keep companions alive even if they have health items in their inventory they tend to not use them smartly or at all, they also run into line of fire on all Beth games and dont always use their weapons correctly. ):

Yeah that's why I've rarely used companions but think I will cause the willow, niner, baby deathclaw commander. etc,. companions has me intrigued. Think I'll make companions essential on hardcore simply because their AI tends to get them killed rather quickly. Even with stims in their inventory they seem to like eating dirt.

EDIT: And all the hard work people go through to make companions more appealing just goes down the drain when they die shortly after being acquired XD

Edited by DaemonGrin

Well I have to say again I'm totally surprised by how may people go hardcore. I really don't know how accurate this Poll since more serious players frequent the forums but still.

Can always make a duplicate ESP just add Hardcore to the ESP name and all you have to do is go into the hardcore.esp and remove the things you want out and give a player the option for either.

Just saying,

Geoff

Yeah that's why I've rarely used companions but think I will cause the willow, niner, baby deathclaw commander. etc,. companions has me intrigued. Think I'll make companions essential on hardcore simply because their AI tends to get them killed rather quickly. Even with stims in their inventory they seem to like eating dirt.

EDIT: And all the hard work people go through to make companions more appealing just goes down the drain when they die shortly after being acquired XD

Modded companions are often set essential by default or have an option to set them essential/unessential. And if you do not have a mod to set the vanillas essential you can do it by console command so they don't die (you can do the same thing for modded companions that don't have an essential toggle).

@gunslinger - This is a good topic. I've found the results surprising too.

Modded companions are often set essential by default or have an option to set them essential/unessential. And if you do not have a mod to set the vanillas essential you can do it by console command so they don't die (you can do the same thing for modded companions that don't have an essential toggle).

@gunslinger - This is a good topic. I've found the results surprising too.

Thanks llama.

I'm going to have to try out hardcore again. I tried it once and hated having companions die permanently though.\

youll get used to it. my fix was to go into geck and modify Veronica and EDE' s health and make them similar to Dogmeat and Fawkes at max level with Broken Steel. which is to say around the 15000 mark. Just try to f*#@in stop them, I dare ya. the only downside to that is killing the brotherhood turns veronica hostile + 15000HP = Youre gonna have a bad day.. but yeah i run hardcore all the way and project nevada rebalance. to be honest i to this day have never ran FONV without hardcore my 360 included.

I couldn't imagine going back to having weightless ammo or stimpacks healing instantly. I generally don't use followers because I tend toward stealth characters, but I do remember Boone trivializing my character's contributions to combat when he couldn't die in my first playthrough. Seeing people run around with an army of invincible warriors really makes my brain hurt.

I always play Hardore, but I download an all companions essential mod because there is no reasonable expectation of them living otherwise with as dumb as they can be, especially when you then toss in mods.

Edited by BoogieManFL