How many of you use hardcore mode?

gunslinger6792

Do you use hardcore mode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Hardcore Mode

• Yes
    • No

I can't believe this many people have responded to this poll. I am wondering though as hardcore players would having fresh water and an infirmary in a house be over powered?

I don't really care for player housing myself. I just dump stuff in a box in the Novac hotel room when I accumulate enough junk that I want to keep.

Well if you did would the stuff I mentioned be a problem?

I can't believe this many people have responded to this poll. I am wondering though as hardcore players would having fresh water and an infirmary in a house be over powered?

I would personally say unless you have a great story/lore to back up why you have infinite clean water or infirmary then yes I feel it would be over powered and not really fit the world. Now if you had to say power the devices (batteries or cells) that gave you clean water and provide radiated water to be purified, then that would be much more fitting and make you feel like you where not getting things for free. The infirmary would be alittle harder since your getting free treatments which should not be available for most people, perhaps a skill limit in place so you can not use it unless you have the right skills.

I would personally say unless you have a great story/lore to back up why you have infinite clean water or infirmary then yes I feel it would be over powered and not really fit the world. Now if you had to say power the devices (batteries or cells) that gave you clean water and provide radiated water to be purified, then that would be much more fitting and make you feel like you where not getting things for free. The infirmary would be alittle harder since your getting free treatments which should not be available for most people, perhaps a skill limit in place so you can not use it unless you have the right skills.

Bummer I see your point and it makes sense. Unfortunatnly that requires more scripting that I don't know. I'd love to learn how but I start college (official college not community college) and I'm pretty sure my time will be limited. I'd love to make a water purifying script and maybe a repair requirement for the infirmary. Back stories are something I can handle or I'd atleast like to think my back stories are pretty good.

Edit: What about weapons? I like to add at least one weapon to the house.

Edited by gunslinger6792

I like if there is a weapon but only if it is unique (plenty of basic vanilla weapons around the game already) and fits into the back story and not a god weapon....I despise god weapons..I don't even use the vanilla "god" weapons ie fat man, euclid, etc,..

I like if there is a weapon but only if it is unique (plenty of basic vanilla weapons around the game already) and fits into the back story and not a god weapon....I despise god weapons..I don't even use the vanilla "god" weapons ie fat man, euclid, etc,..

I don't make god weapons however they are unique vanilla weapons. They are more powerful however but not grossly overpowered. I know, I know they're not newly made or anything but they always fit the theme of the house.

I dont have issues with a weapon or two in the house, I can easily just remove them in game if I find them to be not to my likening I either use the disable command or just sell them if they are not pricey. Things like that are simple to get rid of so I dont let them bother me at all.

For the scripting you can try downloading other peoples mods and taking a look at what they have, that can help you learn alot quicker then reading the wiki on simpler things. Alot of them even let you use their scripts so long as you edit them to not conflict.