Falskaar w/ SkyRe

jcurrier1987

At the start of Lets Play Falskaar Ep3 Gopher mentions that both mods alter the factions on the player (and some other things) and that he had made a small compatibility patch.

What i don't know is, if he got any plans on releasing it to the public, or if it was needed at all.

Edited by Vilutin

That's why you don't alter the factions on the player in the CK but add factions dynamically. :facepalm:

Make quest, set it to start on game start, don't bother filling out quest stages or objectives, create alias referring to unique actor Player, assign factions to reference alias, Bob's your uncle. Or if you don't want a reference alias sitting around, just add a simple 4 line script: Faction Property YourFaction Auto, Event OnInit(), Game.GetPlayer().AddToFaction(YourFaction), EndEvent.

There is no excuse to have compatibility problems when it's this easy to avoid them.

• 3 weeks later...

Could anyone actually MAKE this simple patch and put it on the nexus? I'm not skilled enough to know how myself and trying to explain it would confuse me further.

Just use TES5edit, choose only Falskaar.esm and SkyRe_Main.esp at the beginning and load. Then rightclick in the clean area on the left -> choose other -> choose "create merged patch" and choose a file name you want. A very simple merged patch will be created with the Faction changes of Falskaar and SkyRe combined. Just make sure the new esp (your merged patch) is loaded with Skyrim.

• 1 month later...

Could anyone actually MAKE this simple patch and put it on the nexus? I'm not skilled enough to know how myself and trying to explain it would confuse me further.

Just use TES5edit, choose only Falskaar.esm and SkyRe_Main.esp at the beginning and load. Then rightclick in the clean area on the left -> choose other -> choose "create merged patch" and choose a file name you want. A very simple merged patch will be created with the Faction changes of Falskaar and SkyRe combined. Just make sure the new esp (your merged patch) is loaded with Skyrim.

Question so were would i put the patch in the load order after SkyRe_Main.esp ?