Legendary skills, why?

Halendia

Right, I can't possibly be the only one out there wondering WHY the Legendary skill system was released (or rather, what good it actually does except allowing you to level to infinity (which gets tedious, mind you)). What I'd like to request is a sort of reward system, where you immersively are able to channel your skillpoints into permanent passive bonuses instead of "just resetting".

Essentially; every time you convert a skilltree into a legendary one, you receive a permanent bonus similar to racial powers (preferably of choice).

Examples following (choices, you only get to pick one):

Magic: +5% effectivity increase (dmg/duration/etc) / -5% cost to school / Unique Spell (relevant to whatever school is made legendary).

Archery: +5% bow damage / +5% draw speed / +5% chance to paralyze enemy

Block: +5% movement speed with 1h!weapon/shield drawn / +5% increased bash damage / -5% damage taken while blocking

Heavy Armor: +10% armor rating / Small chance to reflect physical damage / Small chance to reflect magical damage

One-Handed: +5% damage output with 1h!weapons / +10% critical strike rating / +5% attack speed with 1h!weapons

Smithing: Improved armor receive 10% more armor rating / Selling and buying weapons and armors at 10% better prices

Two-Handed: +5% damage output with 2h!weapons / +10% critical strike rating / Small chance to perform instant execution

Alchemy: +5% poison potency / +5% poison potency / Small chance to occasionally receive 2x of what's crafted

Light Armor: +10% armor rating / Small chance to reflect physical damage / Small chance to reflect magical damage

Lockpicking: ???

Pickpocket: Decrease chance of detection / Carrying capacity increased by 25 / Better pickpocketing loot

Sneak: +5% harder to detect / +5% damage output while sneaking / Critical strike chance increased slightly while sneaking

Speech: +10% better prices / 15% off on Investments / Merchants have more gold

I hope this piques someone's interest :smile:

/Hal

Edited by Halendia

because when you set your skill to legendary you get back all the perk points from that skill and when you level the skill all the way up again you gain more character levels and that gives you even more perk points, so you basically end up with a lot more perk points that you had the first time you hit 100/100 with a skill.

I'm kind of surprised noone else has taken the time to tell you this already.

Does anyone know if there's already a mod that does this, cause if not I think I might be willing to make one. Maybe even just make another.

I am generally quite good at keeping track of what exists and not on the Nexus, but I've never found a mod like this.

because when you set your skill to legendary you get back all the perk points from that skill and when you level the skill all the way up again you gain more character levels and that gives you even more perk points, so you basically end up with a lot more perk points that you had the first time you hit 100/100 with a skill.

I'm kind of surprised noone else has taken the time to tell you this already.

Did you even begin to read my post?

Edited by Halendia

I'm no good at modding, however I canm tell the point of legendary skills. For example in the smithing three. If you folowed the right path and sudenly you deside you want something of the left sided path. You could spend way to mcuh perkpoints you could have used for something you will use more, or you make the skill legendary so you can boost you're skill so you can make legendary armor without the perk. I believe a skill from around the 164 alouws you take make everything legendary quality, even when not having the perk.

Thats the use of legendary skills.

However yeah, you have a nice idea hear, I do support this :).

As much as I enjoy the Legendary system, I believe this would be amazing. It's like a fellow I know IRL said at one point...

"Now, I could pick that lock five seconds ago, how the hell could I have forgotten it that quickly...?"

I like this idea too. And I think a 5% - 10% on one perk or tree is about right.

I do understand the system as it is now. I moved my legendary light armor perks over to improve my alchemy perk tree. But I would like it if I could keep the wind walker perk.

I'm no good at modding, however I canm tell the point of legendary skills. For example in the smithing three. If you folowed the right path and sudenly you deside you want something of the left sided path. You could spend way to mcuh perkpoints you could have used for something you will use more, or you make the skill legendary so you can boost you're skill so you can make legendary armor without the perk. I believe a skill from around the 164 alouws you take make everything legendary quality, even when not having the perk.

Thats the use of legendary skills.

However yeah, you have a nice idea hear, I do support this :smile:.

For those that may not know, but there are mods out there that allow you to reset your perks, not to mention also in the Dragonborn DLC, after reaching a certain point in the main quest line in Solstheim, you can reset your perks as well. This is a mod that I've used for a while that works just fine, for vanilla perks at least.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20801//?

I do agree though, I never personally cared for the legendary system. It reminded me too much of.... Call of Duty prestiges. I just wanted to be able to keep leveling them and my own level so I used the skill uncapper below.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1175/?

The best thing I could recommend if you want to be able to beef up stronger after hitting 100 in a skill is to use the skill uncapper, and use the extra perk points you get leveling on some kind of a perk overhaul with a lot more perks. I wanted to keep things semi-balanced though, so I'm using ACE Combat Skills perk overhaul below with the balance your own game settings. This using a stronger perk system from some mod along with the uncapper would probably be the closest you could get to what you want until something like that comes out.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10037/?