Insane lag spikes despite overall high fps

Dife2K

Okay, before we dig into the mods that you have, run Nvidia Geforce Experience. That may help to optimize your game, to a point. However, Fallout 4 is very poorly optimized, which means you get frame rate drops, stutters, etc. Boston is horrible for decent frame rates, it is probably the worst optimized for frame rates. And it is not mods that causes this. Rather it is the game itself. Some mods to try to fix a little of this, is Commonwealth Clean-up Project. That may help, some. There are other fixes, etc., that you can try. I would try some of them. But triple check the description, and see if they work with others. But don't use all of them. Just a few.

My system is almost identical to yours and I am having similar issues as well.

ASUS TUF 3070

Intel i5 10600k

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB RAM (3200 MHz)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Crucial 1000GB NVMe SSD (having issues getting it to show up in BIOS though)

Gigabyte Z490 MB

I usually run 1440p, but It is mainly around Boston proper. I think the worst that I have seen so far is the immediate area around the entrance to Goodneighbour. And the entrance to Diamond City, to a lesser extent. I usually set the decal quantity and weapon debris to high. Shadow distance I set to medium the last time I played, and that seemed to help a bit. I usually keep my distant object detail and object fade at high as well. Other than that, everything else is maxed out. Some of the more wooded areas(especially around Sanctuary)can get a little laggy sometimes too, for me at least. Was thinking about upgrading to an i9 10850k and 32GB to see if that helps.

Edited by Redfield73