Cluster move complete, a few bugs to fix

Dark0ne

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a web developer I thought I'd throw my two cents in here:

To those worrying about their File tracking or their download history being erased forever - DON"T WORRY! This information would have been stored on the database, and if the database migration somehow failed and the data was lost it would probably be a much more widespread problem around the site. So, the problem is 90% likely just a database query that is looking in the wrong place and can be fixed. Plus they will have made backups beforehand. Your data will come back, just BE PATIENT.

To those having issues with logins, clear your cookies!! Your cookies are probably holding information from the previous build and it is causing authentication problems. So clear them, then try. Someone said that the problem came back after logging out again - this is likely a server-side minor issue, but you can just clear your cookies again and continue surfing.

To those having issues with downloads - I would also recommend clearing your cookies, but I do not know if this will solve your problems. I have a hunch that it is cookie related as only some users are experiencing it, but who knows, it could be a server-side thing.

To everyone! - Fixing bugs takes time!!!! People just relax and wait. Your mod downloading can wait a few days. Developing is hard work and can be very brain-tiring, and the developers at the nexus have been working extremely hard to bring these changes. Patience people, there is no reason you NEED to download a mod today, so take a week-long break from the site and enjoy the mods you already have. Most of your problems will be fixed by then.

To those still raving, ranting and being entitled - You must have some sort of mod addiction that CANNOT WAIT a week. Please for your own safety and the safety of those you love - seek help.