Removing GRIM from my game makes the "F4SE Not Installed" Message Appear and Break Other Mods

petroooooooo

I want to remove GRIM: The Curse from my game. I do not have the curse or GRIM pipboy enabled and i don't want my game to look so grey anymore. Any time I disable it in MO2 or completely delete it, I load my save and it says that F4SE is not installed. Can anyone help me out? A fresh install of F4SE hasn't done anything to help the issue

GRIM is a script intensive mod

Removing that mid-game is just a really bad idea.

As for why F4SE breaks when you remove it, that is a problem caused by your mod manager. Reinstalling thru your mod manager *should* fix it.......

reinstalling GRIM? I have already tried unfortunately. can you install f4se through MO2? If that's what you meant

You install F4SE .DLL's and .EXE in the game folder.

You can install the F4SE scripts as a mod in MO2, or drop them in the DATA folder - your choice.

Personally, I install them as a mod as I want to keep DATA folder pristine.

General rule of thumb - don't add or remove content mods once you've committed to your adventure in Fallout 4 (or Skyrim for that matter).

I keep a separate instance of MO2 just for testing mods. So in between breaks of playing the game I have modded, I switch to that to test anything to see if I might want it in my next game.

You install F4SE .DLL's and .EXE in the game folder.

You can install the F4SE scripts as a mod in MO2, or drop them in the DATA folder - your choice.

Personally, I install them as a mod as I want to keep DATA folder pristine.

General rule of thumb - don't add or remove content mods once you've committed to your adventure in Fallout 4 (or Skyrim for that matter).

I keep a separate instance of MO2 just for testing mods. So in between breaks of playing the game I have modded, I switch to that to test anything to see if I might want it in my next game.

is there any way I could potentially remove it without breaking the game? Any way that COULD be a solution? I'm sick of my game being all grey lol. Or even just a mod that I could install with grim to make it less grey would be fine