how many people are still playing morrowind?

JazzBlack

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought Morrowind and Skyrim on Steam with the holiday sale, but seeing as I'm on a tablet, Skyrim was an investment into future gaming and Morrowind was for the now. I had played Morrowind on Xbox way back in the day. Having played both Oblivion on a laptop that died and Skyrim on both the Xbox360 and Playstation 3, I feel like returning to Morrowind is a huge breath of fresh air. I just installed it and some mods and started testing. It was my first time installing and using mods, ever!!!!!!!! I'm super excited. It doesn't seem to run too bad on my tablet, even with the integrated graphics (Intel HD).

I like the original game, so the mods I'm using are minimal. Some of them were a pain in the butt to find. Here's a small list (names aren't all accurate, I'm sort of summarizing what they are for):

1. Morrowind Code Patch

2. Morrowind Patch Project

3. Official Mods (minus LeFemm armor and Entertainers, no interest)

4. Better Heads and Pluginless Khajiit Head Replacer

5. Better Bodies and Better Bodies for Beasts

6. Better Clothes, More Better Clothes, and Better Morrowind Armor (to fit Better Bodies)

7. Replacers for Azura, Almalexia, Dagoth Ur, Dremora, and Vivec (to match Better Bodies/Better Heads)

8. Better Governing Attributes and State-Base HP (HP no longer reliant on how soon you boost Endurance)

9. Khajiit and Argonian Beast Power Toggles

10. Hollaajith's Weapons and Armor Overhauls (with included patches for Better Morrowind Armor)

11. A mod that allows you to store information about Trainers in your journal

12. Skyrim UI Overhaul for Morrowind

After I finalized my mod list, I consolidated them all into one compressed folder to make future installs easier, rather than installing each mod individually. I'm not using any Graphics Extenders since I'm on a tablet. My goal was to fix bugs, improve the user interface, and dramatically improve the character/armor/clothing models. I feel like the mods I used accomplished that, but only from minor testing, I haven't played very much yet.

My tablet specs:

Processor: Intel 1.46 GHz

RAM: 2 GB

32 bit Operating System

Windows 8

Integrated Intel HD graphics (no dedicated graphics card)

I hope it doesn't melt my tablet (I love this thing, with it's own attachable keyboard), I really want this game to last. I capped my FPS to 30, hopefully it will increase stability.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst looking for another game I came "Morrowind" and Bloodmoon. Looked at the mods and then spent 5 days tearing my flat apart looking for Tribunal, then remembered I had the special with Tribunal lurking under TESC, :blush: DOH!!!!! (slaps forehead with palm). :blush: Spent last fortnight downloading mods again. Awesome with MWGE and Reborn!!!

I played morrowind back in the day. Did it for 20 hours, got bored. basically, I was not learning the ins and out of the system,

then my friend said "alchemy!" and taught me a few tricks. lesson taught: great games often have greater learning curves.

I modded the crap out of it. but eventually was done.

tried to replay in 2009. did not get into. quit.

2014, modded it with MGSO...loving it!!!

• 2 months later...