how many people are still playing morrowind?

JazzBlack

Oh I miss Morrowind so much :(

My disk vanished some how, I had the game of the year edition so I still have Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Well, enough time has passed that by now you can get a replacement copy of the GOTY for under $10 if you go for a used one on Amazon, or under $5 if you pick the non-GOTY version, which I'm sure would work just as well after you patch it up with Tribunal and Bloodmoon on top of it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still playing it, three characters. Nord (warrior) , Breton (mage), and Khajit (thief) .

PROS:

Morrowind is bigger.

Has no lag even with a bunch of mods.

EXPLORING R FUN.

More quests.

Akaviri/Japanese weapons are still there. (I know I can use Akaviri Imports to get them to Oblivion, but whatever.)

Less annoying messages. (Look at muscles on you, even though you're wearing a full set of light armour! You're a sneaky looking sort, especially with that Dark Brotherhood armour on!)

Awesome inventory Oblivion has like, SEVEN visible slots...

Cons:

Not-Too-Good graphics.

No voice acting.

No pictures at loading screen (I think, my computer loads too fast.)

And that's about it. Morrowind also has a FEW connections to Oblivion. You sometimes hear NPCs saying something about the Nevarine of Morrowind.

In other words, yes I'm playing it, and yes, I still like Morrowind better than Oblivion. Graphics aren't that much of a big deal to me.

In the last couple of weeks I've spent many hours playing Morrowind. I love it. I had a first not so great experience when I first got it, but I managed to deal with that now so I'm enjoying the game 150% :thumbsup:

I started a new as a Breton. I had never played as one. I was up untll four in the morning MDT and had to give myself some time off for breakfast and chores.

That sounds familiar :P

I have a breton to. He's lvl 61. Very good with magic. :D

The people in MORROWIND ain't outright friendly and don't try to pretend they are even after covering their palms with gold. Once they are won over though, it's just like a cozy vacation spot in the cities. The NPC's wandering the streets lean toward making themselves known and appeal to our senses. "Don't stand there gawking! Say something or get moving!"

• 3 weeks later...
A quote I read somewhere.

"Oblivion is where I play. Morrowind is where I live"

oz

Morrowind fed my desire to be a part of something more. It let me climb high above the crowd, it gave me the chance to swim in the sea and dive for pearls of wisdom as well. It let me find out more about the club or house membership expectations I could not get involved in in my own life. I built a house mod and made it underground so it was like a place that had been buried in a planetary catastrophe and I had to discover it like an archaeologist. I lost the mod, the computer I built it on, and it humbled me some. I still have the memories.

I found books linking to stories I had read, some I had begun to get interested in, and some that I had never heard of and they had just enough of the story to give me a reason to look up the full copy. It fed me life a little bit at a time so I knew what I might have missed if I had, had the opporutnity to join with a house, organization, or made it in the military in life.

"It's where I live. I'm just playing here."