Vortex

wfandrews

Guest deleted34304850

why use Vortex when NMM still exists and works JUST FINE.

why use modern medical practices when leeches still exist and work JUST FINE?

Whoa....we really did veer from the original topic, starting to sound like a Steam forum thread.

So I am going to chip in with my opinion on the "best" mod manager debate. The critical word here being "opinion".

I still use NMM, not because I believe it is the best of the mod managers but through inertia and sheer laziness. I believe MO2 and Vortex are superior in how they handle mod files. However MO2 is limited in the games it supports and I tried Vortex when it was first introduced and was not comfortable with the way it handled mod conflicts.

The games I play Oblivion, FO3, FNV, Legendary, SSE, Fallout76 and Cyberpunk are all supported by NMM and through the years I have been playing most of them I have managed to get them running smoothly with NMM. Well, I have always had trouble with FNV even on my prior Windows7 machine, I even tried MO at the time and could never get the darn game to run smoothly.

Having said all that if a beginner to those games I mentioned asked me what mod manager I would recommend I would say Vortex. I believe Nexus is the best site on the net for mods and as Vortex is maintained. supported, and updated by Nexus and has a dedicated Forum just for that mod manager where you can get expert advice on any questions or problems you have I feel I have no choice but to recommend Vortex.