Looking for Spiritual Successor to Drakan

KingMudkip

Anybody other than me play Drakan: Order of the Flame?

It was incredibly buggy, and the story was rather flat, but I swear it had the single best dragon combat I have ever seen. I'd rather like to find another game that gets it right.

Divinity II is close, but the fact that all of the enemies on the ground disappear when you morph is exceedingly off-putting.

So does anyone else know of any good PC games where you get to control a dragon, and it's a satisfying experience?

There was a PS3 Launch Title called Lair but I don't know if that was ever even launched. You should try Monster Hunter or Shadow Of The Colossus, they're closish to what you're after, and darn good games.

yes Lair was launched. its also notoriously one of the worst PS3 games ever. it uses Sixaxis almost entirely, and it doesnt use them well. look up reviews and see for yourself. everything ive ever heard says stay away from that game :P

Lair did indeed launch on the PS3, and it was one of the worst games of all time. Trying to fly with sixaxis controls was like maneuvering a dump truck through a narrow alley lined with fragile children.

The sixaxis controls were so bad, in fact, that there's free optional DLC on PSN to remove the sixaxis controls and make it use the analog sticks. Analog controls are still a bit weird, but they actually make the game okay. However, Lair is just not a very good game, even with the controls mostly fixed.

There's Drakan: The Ancients Gates on the PS2. It's epic. Great music, great combat, great world, etc.

It can also be emulated on a PC using PCSX2. It was one of my brother's favorite PS2 games, so a couple years ago he got it running at 1600x900 on an emulator, at 30-60 fps on his PC. It actually looked much better than Order of the Flame, graphically. The main downside is that unless you want to play it at 480p and 30 fps on the PS2, you'd need to legally rip a PS2 BIOS to run the emulator, which would turn your PS2 into a brick.

On the PC, I haven't found anything similar.

Edited by Rennn

Wow, I just googled it, and there really are none. Unbelievable. Someone really needs to make a new Drakan game. . . they were awesome. They were like Dark Souls, but with more open world and dragons that you could fly.

what about Divinity: Dragon Commander. im sure youve seen it as its been on Steams front page for a while now, but yea thought id mention it. seems to be a cross between RTS and 3rd Person Action. actually looks kinda cool to me.