Random bits of knowledge

Draconium

Correct, I did read something earlier about the fact that the Daedra lords have no set gender, even Azura who appears as female only does so due to the fact Azura wants to. :P

But... Wasn't Vivec a man before he became a "god"? If so wouldn't he still be a man, or does godhood... make for interchangable genders? :blink:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Temple describes the Good Daedra as the "Anticipations" of the Tribunal -- meaningless propaganda meant to ease the transition from Daedra worship to Tribunal worship, especially since the only text describing this relationship at length is as follows...

The Daedra are powerful ancestor spirits, similar in form and substance to the Tribunal (Blessed Be Their Holy Names), but weaker in power, and more arbitrary and removed from the affairs of mortals. In old times, the Chimer worshiped the Daedra as gods. But they did not deserve this veneration, for the Daedra harm their worshippers as often as help them.

The Advent of the Tribunal (Blessed Be Their Holy Names) changed this unhappy state. By the Apotheosis, the Tribunal (Blessed Be Their Holy Names) became the Protectors and High Ancestor Spirits of the Dunmer, and bade the Daedra to give proper veneration and obedience. The Three Good Daedra, Boethiah, Azura, and Mephala, recognized the Divinity of the Triune Ancestors (Blessed Be Their Holy Names). The Rebel Daedra, Molag Bal, Malacath, Sheogorath, and Mehrunes Dagon, refused to swear fealty to the Tribunal (Blessed Be Their Holy Names), and their worshippers were cast out.

These Rebel Daedra thus became the Four Corners of the House of Troubles, and they continue to plague our tranquility and tempt the unwary into Heresy and Dark Worship. The Priests of the Temple remain ever vigilant for signs of the Adversaries' return, sometimes aided by the loyal Three Good Daedra, who are familiar with the wiles of their rebellious kin.

The Good Daedra are known to the Temple as the Anticipations, since they are the early ancestral anticipations of the loving patronage of the Tribunal. The Anticipations are the Daedra Lords Boethiah, Mephala, and Azura.

Boethiah is the Anticipation of Almalexia but male to her female. Boethiah was the ancestor who illuminated the elves ages ago before the Mythic Era. He told them the truth of Lorkhan's test, and defeated Auriel's champion, Trinimac. Boethiah ate Trinimac and voided him. The followers of Boethiah and Trinimac rubbed the soil of Trinimac upon themselves and changed their skins.

Mephala is the Anticipation of Vivec, but manifold and androgynous. Mephala taught the Chimer to evade their enemies or kill them with secret murder. The Chimer were few in those days and threatened on all sides. Mephala taught the Chimer to build Houses. Later, Mephala created the Morag Tong.

Azura is the Anticipation of Sotha Sil, but female to his male. Azura was the ancestor who taught the Chimer how to be different from the Altmer. Her teachings are sometimes attributed to Boethiah. In the stories, Azura is often encountered more as a communal progenitor of the race as a whole rather than as an individual ancestor. She is associated with Dusk and Dawn, and is sometimes called the Mother Soul. Azura's Star, also called the Twilight Star, appears briefly at dawn and dusk low on the horizon below the constellation of the Steed. Azura is associated with mystery and magic, fate and prophecy.

I could write pages on how this is contradictory and generally idiotic, but the first instance of "Blessed be their Holy Names" should clue you off...

All Elven races are selectively fertile, meaning that they can only reproduce when population density is low. This is why the elven races never have territory disputes because of expanding populations. Source: Any Savant, ask about "Aldmeri."

Literally, Chimer means "People of the North." Bosmer means "Tree-Sap People." Source: Any Savant or Bookseller, ask about "Aldmeris."

The letters "NYC" in the Wingdings font produces an antisemetic message.

The Museum in Mournhold will only buy a select few unique artifacts; even though they have a book lying around with a list of unique artifacts, you can only successfully sell about half of them (which sucks).

And here is a list I've compiled (yes yes, way too much time and all that) of every single Dwemer ruin on Vvardenfell. Now I think this is all of them, but I may be wrong. Many of them don't even show up on the in-game map.

Mzuleft

Arkngthand

Aleft

Bthungthumz

Bthuand

Nchuleft

Nchuleftingth

(Vemynal)

(Tureynulal)

(Odrosal)

(Endusal)

(Dagoth Ur)

Galom Daeus

Arkngthunch-Sturdumz

Mzanchend

Bethamez

Mzahnch

Bthanchend*

The ones in brackets are on Red Mountain under Dagoth Ur's control.

Galom Daeus is the base of operations for the Quarra vampire clan.

*This one I haven't found myself, I heard of it somewhere else. I've visited all the other ones though. :)

Addition to Ta'Thalos post:

Bthanchend is situated inside Ghostgate, W of Vemynal

Now I think this is all of them, but I may be wrong.

Some additions:

Druscashti - NW of Bthungthumz

Nchardumz

Nchurdamz - both are near one another somewhat E to NE from Molag Mar

Nchardahrk - SE of Mzuleft

There is dwemer ruins (don't remember name) accesible only via Mudan Grotto S of Ebonheart.

Ah thanks Jetty! I can't believe I forgot Druscashti.. It is actualy the base for the Quarra clan, Galom Daeus is the base of one of the other two.

OMG I hadn't heard of this Mudan! I have to check it out immediately! :o

I've found an underwater cave next to Ebonheart, where I found Lord's Mail.. Guess it isn't the same one thuogh. Thanks a lot! :)