Mods Increasing Enemy Ammo Count

LumLevits

For realism I have the Ammo Count for all NPC's active, which is fine for Settlers and Companions because I can just give them more. However all the Enemy NPC's are running out of Ammo too fast and then attacking with fists. I also have a few Mods that add different Zombies and Monsters in which the Enemy NPC's use up their Ammo before I even encounter them.

I've read through a few Mods, but all are old and little feedback given.

Anyone have a good idea for this dilemma?

Ideally I would like Enemies to have 50-100 Ammo and a melee weapon as back up.

They will still burn thru their ammo before you get there. :) Especially those with automatic weapons.....

I agree though, if you are going to have NPC's actually use ammo, then they should be carrying an 'adequate' amount. Say 120 rounds for long guns, and the equivalent of three magazines for pistols, and such. Those 'out in the wild' will, of course, have less, as they are quite likely to have been required to use some. :D

Trouble is though, guns aren't nearly as effective in the fallout universe, as they are in real life. In the 'real' world, you would be able to kill most humans, with one or two shots from the average long gun, probably the same for most pistols, but, in the FO universe..... some folks are friggin' bullet sponges...... and can take a couple full magazines to knock down. Gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere. :D

Trouble is though, guns aren't nearly as effective in the fallout universe, as they are in real life. In the 'real' world, you would be able to kill most humans, with one or two shots from the average long gun, probably the same for most pistols, but, in the FO universe..... some folks are friggin' bullet sponges...... and can take a couple full magazines to knock down. Gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere. :D

I agree.

A Realism Mod would be neat. Now I can just make ammo whenever I want, you'd think access to ammo by NPC's even Hermits would be less troublesome for them.

I agree.

A Realism Mod would be neat. Now I can just make ammo whenever I want, you'd think access to ammo by NPC's even Hermits would be less troublesome for them.

You would likely need a combination of mods.... (there's an interesting thought experiment. :) ) I could see using something like better locational damage, along with other mods that make guns more deadly.

I run modern firearms in my game, so, ammo isn't too much of an issue, and weapon damage is MUCH better than vanilla. (I have a mod that balances vanilla weapons with MF as well.....) I also tend to use a 'stealth' playstyle, so, even my lowly pistols can one-shot most unarmored enemies, and even some that are heavily armored, if I can get in a head shot.

The other problem is you nerf the game again by turning every raider etc into a mountain of loot, particularly if you get the drop on them or one-shot them.

Stupid as it may be, the existing system where they can keep firing until they're dead, and then drop a small amount of ammo, is probably the most balanced.