CTD after B logo

skubaflores

Hi,

So I run a project matso ENB for about a month and yesterday it started ctd after bethesda logo with no apparent reason...I didn't add any new mods to my game. Game runs fine without ENB (all other mods like Texture 2k and W.A.T.E.R works). So what's the problem with 'all of a sudden' ENB corruption? Oh and one more thing - just before the 'ENB crush' steam said something about files match and that I should either download the right files from their cloud or upload mine so they would fit. I couldn't abort that steam pop-up so I chose to upload my preset to the cloud.

Things I've done:

Reinstall skyrim

reinstall ENB

tried another ENB

Any ideas?

Pls guys the ENB is the only tweak that holds me to this game. I tried it now without it and no...I won't play it. It's to soon, still have fresh memories of brilliant ENB graphics :wink:

Edited by skubaflores

Download and install TES5edit. Although BOSS is a great tool, a CTD after the Bethesda Logo doesn't indicate a bad loader order, but rather a dependency issue . Run TES5edit, wait for it to give you an error message, and then look at the mod ABOVE the error message. If it's a bashed patch, you need to rebuild the bashed patch. If it isn't, then you need to either A) Find out the Dependency issue for the mod(whether it requires another mod to work properly) or B) Uninstall the mod.

Thx for reply :smile:
So...BOSS is unavailable via nexus and I have completely no idea how to use the TES5edit...hints would be great - where to unpack it, and so on. I run it through winrar it did something that is visible in the attached photo and...and I don't know what to do about it :wink:

Thank you this is all very helpful. Still - I need to download the former ver of TES5edit - the new experimental one is anything like the soft explained in the link you kindly provided.

I used BOSS - still the same issue - all mods work (I have but a few - texture 2k, W.A.T.E.R., ENB helper mod, improved grass, immersive armour and weapons, Skyrim UI and run it with SKSE). Skyrim CTD only with ENB (any ver). This is strange as everything worked perfectly for a month. It crushed suddenly and nothing have seemed to cause it...well I've changed my keyboard yesterday but still I think it's coincidental :wink:

EDIT: If my mods run correctly and this is an ENB problem than why use BOSS or TES5edit? ENB files aren't mods if my undestanding is correct. At least not in a typical mod fashion. That's why you have to copy them to game files and not to data folder. TES5 solves load order problems - I think I have a problem with ENB not with mods. As I said before - game works fine with all mods active. It crushes ONLY with ENB. But again I'm a noob at this sort of things so...

EDIT: Ok I did the TES5edit and Boss thing and it stays the same - mods are running but everytime I try to activate ENB (any version) it CTD. With newer ENB it CTD before bethesda logo with older right after it fades. Funny thing - the ENB Antifreeze works fine... HELP! Blasphemous graphics alert! Super modders assemble! :(

Edited by skubaflores