Mods on Steam version of Morrowind not working!

I'm using the Steam version of Morrowind, and whenever I start up the launcher and go to Data Files and check mods I want to use, click OK, and then go back to Data Files, the mods are unchecked! The only mods that DON'T do this are Morrowind Code Patch and Fashionable Merchants. Please help!

-A Fellow Gamer

Have you checked the dates on your Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon BSA's? Sometimes that can cause issues with mods not wanting to load.

http://www.overclock.net/t/528344/solution-for-morrowind-on-steam-not-modding

Let me know if this helps at all.

Cheers!

~HippieElfChick85

• 3 years later...

Have you checked the dates on your Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon BSA's? Sometimes that can cause issues with mods not wanting to load.

http://www.overclock.net/t/528344/solution-for-morrowind-on-steam-not-modding

Let me know if this helps at all.

Cheers!

~HippieElfChick85

I'm having a similar problem except that for whatever reason my version of Steam is running off the ESM's. I have redated my BSA's with MCP but when I load up the game Steam has auto-sorted the data files via ESM alphabetically and I cant seem to figure out how to either redate those or get Steam/Morrowind-loader to sort them in the proper order.

Bloodmoon.esm

Morrowind.esm

Tribunal.esm

I know that it should be Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon in that order and MCP has my BSA's dated this way but for whatever reason the launcher refuses to correct this and I get errors when trying to load mods like TR about the dates being off. I've tried using WryeMash but after changing the ESM's and launching Morrowind the load order is changed accordingly yet the 'created' date hasn't changed and so I still get errors when the game launches and subsequently crashes.

I've been trying to get this to work for over a month and am ready to call Steam with a heated message since I can't just get 'technical support'; they just link me to Bethesda, which isn't affiliated with the problem I'm encountering since it's STEAM that is holding everything up.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Yes, currently it does. I've had some success in getting things to run with this current setup but this is after several uninstalls/reinstalls of the base files from Steam after littering my Common files with multiples of TR's data, Mlox, WryeMash, MCP and a few others.

I am currently able to run the Vanilla version of Tamriel Rebuilt but haven't even left Seyda Neen, partly because I had to delete my older saves(because they were part of the conflict) and start a brand new character after installing TR and finally without errors.

Currently it is not running the Morrowind Overhaul which is what I was hoping to do with it; Morrowind with a few more... trees, bushes, grass, ect. I believe the problem I am encountering is due to the 'Date Created'(though I could be wrong) since I had purchased the game from Steam in January of this year but did a fresh install prior to taking that picture. Enclosed is what it looked like before I headbutted WryeMash and made it work(mostly by accident/not exactly sure what I did to get it working properly).

I will continue to try and figure out how to resolve this issue but so far none of the suggestions or instructions that came with the Mods have helped; I've had to move things from one folder to the next and headbutt my way around the programs to get this far.

It would be far more helpful, I think, were someone to produce a video of themselves modding a Steam game from a fresh installation and showing exactly how to extract the mods and how to run the programs that do the sorting and modding. I've seen dozens of forum posts like mine where people are encountering problems like this and need help sorting them out followed by others who say "its easy, just follow the instructions."(which isn't helpful for those less program savvy) yet with no follow-up as to whether they were successful or not; and how or what they did. Some do but are vague as to what the problem was or exactly what they did to resolve it and none of them cover the exact problem I have been encountering.

Edited by everlasting_muzzle

Time to uninstall again..

After much headbutting and verbal threats to an inanimate program... I have come to the conclusion that DirectX 11 was the culprit. Despite it being a more recent running version it wasn't actually properly installed, even though it had been running in other applications elsewhere on the internet. Now that I have successfully installed and applied(restarted PC) DirectX, the game is functioning as it should. FFS. DirectX, which was already in use, was the problem. How stupid. >=(