Question about sneaking

Sony22

So, basically, I noticed some high shrubs in skyrim after starting off my stealth-type charachter, and wondered if being in/behind bushes makes you harder to detect. I probably already know the answer to that, but just so clarify, does it?

Probably not... not from my experiance

*spoiler*

if your a high elf, during the diplomatic immunity, wear thalmor justicar robes once you get your gear back. it allows you to complete the mission without alerting some guards even if they see you as you blend in

Cover means virtually nothing in vanilla Skyrim....so long as you move slowly enough you can pretty much get away with anything....but yep only solid objects provide "cover" in vanilla Skyrim....You need Mods to incorporate other forms of cover.

Alright, I thought that would be the answer. Also, before this is closed, do crossbows make more sound than bows making them less good of a choice for sneak attacks?

Another question, what does the sneaking eye mean when the inside of it is flashing? I know its different from just being open

Edited by Sony22

Cover means virtually nothing in vanilla Skyrim....so long as you move slowly enough you can pretty much get away with anything....but yep only solid objects provide "cover" in vanilla Skyrim....You need Mods to incorporate other forms of cover.

I think Light also plays a strong part in detection formula. Stay in the dark helps. Walk in front of a torch and you will be seen, regardless of how high your stealth is (comparable to the distance of your enemy).

I think Light also plays a strong part in detection formula. Stay in the dark helps. Walk in front of a torch and you will be seen, regardless of how high your stealth is (comparable to the distance of your enemy).

In the vanilla game the light only effects your detection if you have fairly low Stealth....so long as you move slowly enough they won't see you if you have high Stealth. A few Stealth Mods also have short video's displaying light making no difference with the vanilla Stealth mechanics.

Funny thing is that while my sneak is above 100 and I can be in plain sight of NPC casting fireballs I they will not notice me there unless they come closer than 5m :D And I know by experience that once you get sneak above 200 (with enchantments or mods) enemies will only notice you when you bump into them...