lol- fallout 3 hilarious findings

d4rkn3ss

So there I was, taking out a horde of Super Mutants in front of the Capital Building. After shooting what seemed to be one of the last ones in the area, it suddenly shot up about 40 feet into the air and got stuck at said point. It then started twirling around by its left arm in circles, and making a noise as though it was colliding with something.

GET TO THE VERTIBERDS PEOPLE, 'CAUSE THE MUTANTCHOPPERS ARE ATTACKING!

Edited by wyvernix

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a lot of funny moments where the AI has made me shake my head. For example, I was at the temple of the union (ex-slaves place) and because it is located in an outside cell the npcs react to any spawned critters outside the temple. When I arrived there were some deathclaws nearby and they activated and rushed to kill me and out of the temple came two named npcs who fought the deathclaws and got themselves killed. When the fight was over I went over to the gate and tried to use the intercom to get inside, but the npc that unlocks the gate was now dead, so I had to pick the lock to get inside. THen I went upstairs to talk to Hannible (I think that was his name) and he asked me to do their quest but I declined (playing a very neutral character), he called me a coward then he ran downstairs to fight some robots that had spawned outside the gates. THe roborts were using missles and they wasted everyone left at the temple. Which left me to ransack the place and feel sorry for the bramin that was left eating nothing but concrete.

Another strange encounter was at the Lincoln place where the slavers are camped out at. I approached this for the first time and the slavers yelled out the thing about putting your gun away or they'll open fire or something, and I complied. That meant I was able to go inside their bunker and talk to the boss slaver. All was good until I made friends with one of the guys in there (with the compions sharing and caring mod). Then the leader said something to me which my new friend took offence to and opened fire on the leader. All hell broke loss, I ducked behind a wall to avoid getting shot, and when the dust settled both slavers were dead. I ransacked the place, went outside and the slavers outside were still friendly.... ok, cya boys.....

Oh and that silly putty, stretchy mutent/mercienary/raider thing.... I've seen it with a LIVE raider. I was at the school in Springtown and I was shooting the raiders that are outside. I was down to the last raider and I couldn't see him properly so I turned on vats to find him, and he was all stretched and alien looking. He was still alive and shooting at me, so I had to use vats to fight him cos his body was too skinny to aim without vats. Talk about creepy.

I was playing on the PS3 (Didn't have PC version at the time) and I usually use Fawkes as a backpack so I gave him all my weapons and armor, etc. except for a chinese assault rifle, power armor and stimpaks. Well anyway, for some reason, can't remember why or where, I told him to wait and then forgot about him, I fast travel to the Jefferson memorial because I was doing one of the missions or something, and the game must've glitched or something because where was Fawkes? On top off the unreachable staircase 'waiting' for me to get back and he hasn't moved since. I couldn't reach him because the damn consoles don't have commands or 'tcl'. :wallbash:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Roaming the Wastes, and got attacked by a Drug Addict.

Checking the body afterwards, it turns out he was wearing Lincoln's Hat. And, instead of having a bunch of drugs, he had about 20 Pears.

"Watch out for those Wasteland Fruit Dealers, man. You start using their stuff, it can mess you right up..."

I was playing the 360 version and had GOTY. Well something happened with my DLC's because it said that my save relied on content that wasn't there (even though i checked the HDD and it had them listed in it after this happened) and when i started up the game i was in megaton and all my clothes were off (except for the default underwear) and everyone in Megaton had just the default underwear on. I couldn't do anything except for walk around. I have no idea what happened here.

Another thing i came upon was a glitch at the Death Claw Sanctuary where the Death claws got trapped in a rock and then rocketed into the air and then reappeared inside the rock and launched again. It was really funny

• 3 weeks later...