Ending the tyranny of the sun forever (willing to pay for it)

Simniac

I'm sorry, I've never used CK before, so I don't know anything about it at all. I'm afraid to make a mistake that'd f*** up the whole game. Btw, if you change the mod, could you make it so that one in castle volkihar sells the spell? :smile:

Ah I'll take a look at it when I get some free time, not sure when that will be as our semester starts in a week and I'll be back to my regular workload.

Thanks. :) Could you also change it so that it lasts as long as possible, like if there's a space where you can add how many days to make it last, if you could fill that with 99999s (or as many 9s as possible) as well? :) If you do that, I promise I won't make anymore requests to you about this unless it doesn't work. :)

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok, so I Ioaded the ESP, and game crashed after learning the spell. I opened the CK to see what might cause the CTD and couldn't see anything out of place. So I simply created an identical magic effect and spell. Started the game, learned the spell. All is well. I cast the spell, the sky darkens just as if I'd used Auriel's Bow. Everything's working fine, my vampire is no longer taking sun damage. So, I set the timescale to 2000 to see what would happen after the sun went down and came up again, and unfortunately it came up on the otherside bright, healthy and happy. (all the script effects are still in effect [no sun damage, and random vampire raids]) But the visuals are gone unless I recast the spell. I cant see anyway around this unless we somehow write a script to reapply the magic effect every morning at 5AM.

You could create a spell effect script that attaches to Auriel's bow when cast. The script would then apply a custom imagespace

and remove vampire sun damage (as in edits the base vampire sun damage for a virtually limitless duration).

It can be done.

Can't help you with atm because of the work I'm doing on my own mod.

+ Can't ask people to do stuff for money, Nexus after all :)

• 1 year later...

The effect can be changed via simply adjusting the spell duration. You could easily make it last a near infinite time frame. I tested it via changing it from the base 3600 seconds (1 hour) to 60 seconds (1 minute). This version lasts for over 8,000 days of gameplay. I assume you know enough about the CK to adjust a spell's duration correct? If that amount isn't enough or too much by all means adjust the duration.

Faengar sells the spell

Arcadia sells the poisons

MJH Poisonpack.zip