ILO - GS Shack.esp
ILO - PipBoy Light.esp
ILO - NVInteriors Project - AWOP.esp
AWOP DLC + GRA Conflict Error Fixes.esp
Merged Patch.esp

Total active plugins: 88
Total plugins: 88

Texture Replacers: NMC Medium Pack, Poco Bueno

I also have 4GB NV Loader, Stutter Remover and have optimized all my textures.

Load order is sorted mainly by BOSS and by me placing this or that to different places according to the readme's of some of these mods that state certain places to put them.

Now my problem is that though the game runs fine, after a period of time (last time I noticed was almost after 1 hour) the game suddenly begins to give me some really annoying delays and freezes. For example when I click the dialogue option to barter with a merchant the barter menu might take up to 10sec to open, or when I loot a dead body or a container. Hitting Escape button to open the game menu takes like 5-6sec sometimes even 10sec. Imagine how annoying or time consuming it is trying to loot 10 dead bodies like this...Every time it seems like the game froze or I am about to face a CTD but no matter what the action I m expecting will carry forward in the end.

I can't relate the problem to my CPU-RAM-GPU not being able to handle the game since all of them are more than enough for a modded New Vegas.

I can't relate the problem to a certain mod since this problem appears after some time not from the beginning of a new session and in completely random places(actually at the place I am gonna be after 1-1 and a half hour of gameplay).

Right now I am checking tweaked ini's etc trying to find something that could help. Any help or advise would be appreciated

Probably you knew this already, but in case you didn't, try the command "Pcb" for that. It clears junk data stored over time. There's also a plugin in nv nexus that does the same but every 10 minutes, keeping your game fresh.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50363//?

also, i recommend you using one of the performance boost mods, such as (but not limited to: Cleaner vegas; Clean Deluxe; Performance of the gods; better performance v4)

i tested it with my LO (140 + lots of merged stuff) and it improved performance by 10 fps. good luck.

I think it would be wised to not use better performance or performance of the gods combined with NVEC since all of them disable or delete hundrends of (possibly)identical references and many conflicts should be expected if these run together.

But I m gonna try that purge cell buffers mod. It seems quite interesting although it doesn't describe how it works.

How much stuff are you carrying? if you've set a high carryweight and have 100s of things in your inventory it will take a while to open, I can't be bothered to keep finding traders to sell stuff so I increased the amount I can carry, I get the same thing once I'm carrying a large number of different things.

Lol now that's interesting. I took the kit from the AWOP starter container in doc michel's house that gives you a device which lets you carry like around 600+ pounds. Right now I 'm carrying around 300+pounds stuff in my inventory. But as I said in the first topic I m facing delays/freezes when opening the main menu or when I loot dead bodies or when I open a container, a closet, a desk, etc.

I don't have these slowdowns when I open my Pipboy so I don't think your carrying stuff weight has something to do with that. Or at least it doesn't affect the case of bringing my pipboy on screen..

And I seem to face these lags after an a hour or even more of continuous gameplay not from the beginning. I'll have to check it out though

**lol now I got your point..When you open any kind of container your own inventory comes on screen aswell. Yes it makes sense if it has to load a million items from your inventory. I'm definitely going to check this**

Edited by BrainFever

• 1 year later...

This is still actual, this problem is not dead.

From my observation - it has something to do with memory (RAM) trashing of fallout process.

Items are probably contained in a linked list, that becomes heavily trashed either due to memory fragmentation or due to incorrect memory clearing.

To reproduce, open containers that have LARGE amount of items (more than 100 individual works best).

Containers are: lockers, stashes, player inventory, corpses, NPCs.

With every iteration the amount of time required to open the container increases gradually.

It also depends highly on specific room AND time.

If one restarts to game, the problem disappears for a certain amount of time, till it becomes slow again.

This does not affect anything else, but it does make looting increditably inconvinient.

I am also a guy, who prefers to have unlimited carry weight regardless what, since its RPG and not real life rpg. I have exploited F1 bug, heavily used car+companions in F2, so just you know - there are really people out where who LOVE collecting junk and make atom bombs from processed ashtrays, books, sugar bombs and bent tin cans!!

• 11 months later...

I like to have much carry weight to, i dont like to play with low carry weight. This problem also happens to me and i'll try the "pcb" code to clear.

Anyway it seems to happen when you played much in a save. (for example if you have done the main quest, some of the side quests, and some dlcs.)

• 1 month later...

there's a line in the INI files bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0 if you toggle it to =1 it may help? but is known to sort of take away a bit from performance.

also maybe try increasing your uInterior Cell Buffer to 16 and uExterior Cell Buffer to 102

and increase your iPreloadSizeLimit to 104857600

Edited by FOMMuser2012