Glowing Arrows

georgejbps

As we know, Daedric, Ebony, Dragonbone arrows are costly to forge. One can retrieve arrows IF you can find them! Easy to do when the arrows are against a contrasting color. However when out on the tundra or in a dark dungeon there hard to see. Could a mod be made to simply make the arrows glow so they would be able to be seen. Yes I know you don't "lose" arrows, as your quiver never gets empty, but I give my followers Daedric weapons so I retrieve spent arrows to give them instead of forging new ones. I'm not cheap, just frugal!

you could but you would have to re-texture the arrows you want to use to have some kind of glowing effect.

in real life its a pain in the ass to lose an arrow as well, but sadly i'm not going to dip them in a lucifern and luciferase compound mixture to produce a glowing effect (the protein and enzyme that make fireflies glow).

There are mods that make unread books glow...maybe something similar could be done with arrows? I've played games where weapons and ammo glow (Call of Duty, I believe, and I think maybe Fallout...though it's been over a year since I touched Fallout last). It's really helpful to be able to spot things like that, even if it is a little on the immersion-breaking side...some sacrifices are worth making though.

Thanks all! I'm not a Modder myself so I'm not familiar with how it works. I know it would not be lore friendly but I see there are glowing mushrooms, touch bug thoraxes, and glow dust to name a few. could it be possible to use anything like that mod to make arrows glow? I see there are enchantments at the arcane table but nothing to enchant arrows. I have seen arrows and bolts that "exploded" on contact but again, no way to "enchant" your own. Just thought it was possible and how nice to be able to find the arrows once you've fired them. Thanks again for the input!