XBOX 360 going downhill?

inggrish

Gaming systems  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these platforms (if any) do you own???

• Gaming PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Microsoft Xbox 360

I wish I could send my 360 down a hill

LOL

well now you can with this great Oblivion mod lol.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23468

i wish i could to even though wouldn't think of it, when fable 2 is probably one of the best rpg's, other then Oblivion and Fall out 3.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the greatest mod ever!!!! I'm gonna retex that sucker to an Elite, give my Bioshock faceplate, and kick it all over Tamriel!! Oh yeah!

Just some background, I figured out that I averaged about 2 systems each year since it was released, they generally lasted me six to nine months. This last one died just out of warranty, w/o the ring of death so the Microsoft extended warranty doesn't count. So, I'm not just a Sony fanboy, I was actually really happy with the 360. I bought the system solely to play Oblivion and never really regretted it until the thing started dying all the time.

Sony really seems to start out slower, but they also seem to spend a lot more time on quality control. I mean, I don't even understand how an obviously defective system is consistently pushed out of the factories. Until the problem is fixed with no question to the contrary, I will never again purchase an Xbox; 360, 480, 720, etc.

That is the greatest mod ever!!!! I'm gonna retex that sucker to an Elite, give my Bioshock faceplate, and kick it all over Tamriel!! Oh yeah!

lol

• 1 month later...
The 360 definatly isn't passed its prime. It has many greater games than that of the PS3. Especially with the upcoming Halo3: ODST, which has been worked on since 2005, so you know it will be good. Also we have the new Bioshock 2, and Lost planet 2. Also Gears of War 2 is still the stuff! It kicks so much but that Resistance 2 barely even can put up a fight against it. Oh and lets not forget we will also be getting Star Trek online, which will be a multi-platform MMO combining both 360 and PC gamers together. Also ShadowRun 2 will be out soon and this time it has a real campaign! Also did you forget about Halo 3 Halo Wars, Fable 2, and Left4Dead. Also Half-Life 2 episode 3 probably won't be coming out on the PS3 due to how bad the sales were for the Orange Box on that system. Plus Gabe Newell Hates the PS3.

• 2 weeks later...

Even so, Playstation 3 has Little Big Planet, INfamous, Killzone 2, and a hell of a lot better graphics. Not to mention the free online, and a free adapter built in. Oh yeah and the hard drive.

Xbox 360 = $300

Wireless Adapter = $100

Hard Drive = $100

1 Year LIVE = $60

That's already $560 which is more then the PS3 excluding the special edition.

The 360 definatly isn't passed its prime. It has many greater games than that of the PS3. Especially with the upcoming Halo3: ODST, which has been worked on since 2005, so you know it will be good. Also we have the new Bioshock 2, and Lost planet 2. Also Gears of War 2 is still the stuff! It kicks so much but that Resistance 2 barely even can put up a fight against it. Oh and lets not forget we will also be getting Star Trek online, which will be a multi-platform MMO combining both 360 and PC gamers together. Also ShadowRun 2 will be out soon and this time it has a real campaign! Also did you forget about Halo 3 Halo Wars, Fable 2, and Left4Dead. Also Half-Life 2 episode 3 probably won't be coming out on the PS3 due to how bad the sales were for the Orange Box on that system. Plus Gabe Newell Hates the PS3.

Lol, ok, just because a game has been worked on since 2005, it dosen't mean that it is going to be good. Bioshock 2 is comfirmed for the ps3 so your argument falls a little there, there is a chance lost planet will also be on the ps3.

Gears of war 2 vs resistance 2 is still a debate, but mostly critics give the same score for each game, and its all on opinion that. And does it matter that you combine pc with 360? is that what needs to be done to get enough players into a single match? (Joke, I know that there are many people who like star trek.)

Isnt half life 2 episode 3 already confirmed to be on the ps3?

Ok, so you have got those exclusives, but we still get the upper hand: infamous, resistance 1+2, motorstorm 1+2, metal gear solid 4, killzone 2, MAG, heavy rain, little big planet, heavenly sword, uncharted 1+2, warhawk, savage moon, burn zombie burn, gran turismo 5, etc, the list could go on for a lot longer!

I think the only thing really holding Sony back anymore is the slow pace which they are developing the on-line side of the system. A lot of downloads seem to be exclusive to 360, and I'm not really sure why. Is Home up and running yet? And with the Xbox network thing allowing independents to make Live exclusive games (which I thought was really cool), I can't see Sony passing up an opportunity to introduce a similar concept. It seems their big difference is;

Microsoft likes to make sure and get the jump on you, showing you everything they can possible put on your plate at once, whether it's fully cooked or not. Problem is, you don't want a half-raw slab of meat sitting in front of you. Sure it might be a porterhouse, but you're gonna get sick all the same. So, what, send it back six or seven times till it's finally done right and say, "Thank you sir, excellent job!"

Or

Go to Sony's local deli, where the prices are a little steep, but they make a good meal. And they take their time about it right? You might have to wait a while for what you really want out of them, but generally it's comes to you fully tested, checked, and probably rechecked. They may have a somewhat limited menu, but they're good at what they do.

It will always be personal choice, and a trade-off for one thing or another. The days of the Genesis and SNES trying to duke it out with the exact same lineup ( minus a few first party titles) are over, but that can be a good thing. OK, I'll end there, sorry for taking up so much space but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Thanks

Even so, Playstation 3 has Little Big Planet, INfamous, Killzone 2, and a hell of a lot better graphics. Not to mention the free online, and a free adapter built in. Oh yeah and the hard drive.

Xbox 360 = $300

Wireless Adapter = $100

Hard Drive = $100

1 Year LIVE = $60

That's already $560 which is more then the PS3 excluding the special edition.

Okay look IDK about where you live but in the U.S.A. the 360 comes with a hard drive, and 1 month free LIVE all for 199.99 $. plus the wireless adapter is only 20$ at Gamestop. Also the only difference I see in the graphics is that the PS3 is darker. Also for alot of games now such as: Shadow Run, GTA4, Gears of War1, and many others you can play them for free on X-Box Live silver version. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Well the 360 Does come with a hard drive here to, i think they come with a 20gb, but if you want a larger one like a 60gb they can go for around 300$, witch is ridiculus when you can get a ps3 Laptop hard drive 250gb for around 100$, in tigerdirect or newegg. Also the xbox live silver may offer free online for some games but the ps3 has free online for "all" games.

Its sad i haven't touched my 360 for awhile now do to the constent red ring of death and the lagg it produces in many games, and now the cd drive is chewing up my games >:( . Also why are they stilll releasing such faulty systems still, its just bad business >:( .

I might just throw it out, its not worth the trouble or the "money".