⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

XBOX 360 going downhill?

inggrish

Gaming systems  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these platforms (if any) do you own???

• Gaming PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Microsoft Xbox 360

Okay look IDK about where you live but in the U.S.A. the 360 comes with a hard drive, and 1 month free LIVE all for 199.99 $. plus the wireless adapter is only 20$ at Gamestop.

Actually a quick look at the website will reveal that the arcade system (without hard drive) is $199.

A refurbished 360 is $169 with wireless controller, and refurbished the "pro", the one that has everything is $249.

The Elite bundle is $399, so unless your talking about some trade special or temporary sale this is simply wrong, also the wireless adaptor is $99.

Don't believe me? Well I actually have proof!

Check here

and here

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call it going downhill if you want. I call it the natural lifespan of a console gaming system. How long do you expect one to last? It's been 4 years, it makes sense that it might be slowing down. Of course there is Sony's habit of slow starts and strong finishes. Ps2 to this day is still the best selling system ever, probably because 10 years later, we still see new releases, and Ps3 has a lot of titles on the horizon. A rare exception, most consoles don't last half as long. In the end though, it's a good strategy if you can pull it off.

I own both a PS3 and a 360 and I would have to say here lately, I've been more impressed with the PS3. I am sorta irritated, and whiny about having to have sent a 360 away to get repaired 3x already, 3x in one year, when I have had nothing at all go wrong with my PS3. I don't play X box live, mainly because I don't feel the need to pay extra for that, its not because I'm cheap or don't have the money, I just refuse to pay for a service that their competitor offers for free, Microsoft is just being greedy. I think the PS3 has much more potential than the 360, Sony really took a gamble with this new Blu-ray thing, and in the long run that will be what makes the PS3 outlast the 360. The PS3 started off really slow but now its picking up and we're gonna continue to see better exclusive titles. I don't think the Wii is even on the same level as the PS3 or 360, being that Nintendo has been targeting more toward small children and young teens.

I have a PC and XBOX 360. I don't think the 360 is going downhill, it's just they haven't released any games recently that are must haves, and the ones they have are truly must haves for the PC, like Fallout 3 for example.

Sony has FFXIV. FFXIII has been around too long- for Sony to announce FFXIV... instant win.

Also, the MGS game for 360 is only a side-story. The REAL continuation is STILL on PS3. Oh, Kojima, you crazy fellow! You had us scared for a while there.

360's not going downhill. It's still going strong.

Nintendo, on the other hand...

I don't think the 360 is going down hill because of some of the new exclusive games that are coming out, which they announced at E3, the new Facebook and Twitter thing(Even if you don't like that its still pretty cool), and Project Natal which blows both the Wii's and PS3's motion content out of the water. I mean did you see that kid you can interact with. It was cool and creepy at the same time. :thumbsup:

I agree with Donuts. And the guy you can talk with is named "Milo" (I'm pretty sure). Project Natal looks like it'll haul butt! I really need to get back on my Xbox 360 very soon with this recent announcement. :cool:

It took them (Microsoft) long enough to invent this interactive system for the 360, but hopefully it'll be worth it and better than those offered by the PS3 and Wii.