removing furniture in game

dualboot91

will that script work on things like bloodstains?

Probably not. I'm pretty sure it will only target collidable objects (i.e. objects you can't walk through). Since bloodstains are essentially 2D textures, they are non-collidable.

There is a way to target ANY object (except landscape tiles), but it would be more complicated to get it to work the way you want, by using a weapon.

I'm trying to help Dualboot and decided to try to attach the script to a custom varmint rifle. Long story short I can't get the script to save so I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here I'm just not sure what.

ObjectsToRemoveList was just a placeholder for the Form List containing all the objects that are removed. It doesn't exist in the game - you need to create it.

Ahhh so thats the problem. Bummer that sounds very time consuming.

will that script work on things like bloodstains?

Probably not. I'm pretty sure it will only target collidable objects (i.e. objects you can't walk through). Since bloodstains are essentially 2D textures, they are non-collidable.

There is a way to target ANY object (except landscape tiles), but it would be more complicated to get it to work the way you want, by using a weapon.

I'm trying to help Dualboot and decided to try to attach the script to a custom varmint rifle. Long story short I can't get the script to save so I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here I'm just not sure what.

ObjectsToRemoveList was just a placeholder for the Form List containing all the objects that are removed. It doesn't exist in the game - you need to create it.

how complicated would it be? would you have to use a different command?

I'm don't think it's so much complicated as time consuming. Someone would have to go in and the ID for every object for the gun to remove objects. Considering the geck has thousands of items that would take a while. An easier method would be learning how to use the geck. Once you have a basic understanding of the geck you could go in and manually delete items in specific places.

well i'm all for time consuming! at least now i know it can be done! you guys have been very helpful. it's fine if you don't want to do something so time consuming. i won't bug you about it. jazzisparis, do you think you could give me a link to a site with all the scripting commands? I googled for ages and never found any info on the "rTarget" command. thank you for the script by the way!