Dead Bodies Hidden In Tall Grass

jayrichardm

I'm really tired of hunting through tall grass for dead bodies. I'd like a mod that makes it easier to find loot, similar to the Loot Detector mod for Fallout 4. I'm not looking for something as extensive and powerful as the Loot Detector though. While it is easily one of the 10 best mods of all games that would take a modding superstar to make it.

I think that the court mage in Riften has a Detect Dead spell? Using it will also raise your Alteration skill pretty fast.

Sorry, have to be lvl 70 in Alteration to purchase. Can find it semi-randomly, but you could always console cheat a copy to get the spell...

Even if you know exactly where the corpse is, sometimes it's hard to activate the corpse through the grasses. Did telekinesis grab corpses?

Telekinesis doesn't grab corpses, but I use Dead Body Collision fix from the Beth mod site (not CC). I can actually kick the body around as I move across it. Alternately, once you find where the body is, you can ~ tcl into it, and access it that way. BTW, ~tcl under the ground and look up, you will often see the body faster, as long as it hasn't fallen through the ground.

Telekinesis doesn't grab corpses, but I use Dead Body Collision fix from the Beth mod site (not CC). I can actually kick the body around as I move across it. Alternately, once you find where the body is, you can ~ tcl into it, and access it that way. BTW, ~tcl under the ground and look up, you will often see the body faster, as long as it hasn't fallen through the ground.

The one on Bethesda's site is listed as for Skyrim, not for Skyrim Special edition. It's also not the Nexus despite you mentioning it on the nexus?

Fixed Body Collision is an SE mod. It apparently works by just allowing corpses to be kicked around--there's no extra functionality to get rid of corpses in that one alone, but there are other mods that do that. Combine that with the detect dead spell and you can at least find the corpses and kick them out, though if you want the spell earlier without needing console commands, you might need mods to add spells to earlier lists.

My Mod Library listing does not show it is LE specific, maybe I loaded and re-saved it in CK to change its form to 44? I have used it for a long time, and don't remember. It is lightweight, simple, AND IT JUST WORKS (j/k)! Another from the Beth site is the one that gives perk points for dragon hearts, IMO it is much more immersive than most other perk point mods.