Weapon Switching Ability

XTgrndr

I'm not even sure if this is possible with the Fallout Engine, but I'll ask anyway and you can tell me if it's possible or not.

The thing I find frustrating is having to bring up a menu to switch from my close in weapon (a katana) to a ranged weapon (a laser gun).

I would like it more if I could change the weapon dynamically by just pressing a key ingame to cycle the weapon from one kind to another.

That way, I could decide instantly, okay, it's sword time, let's go!

I'm not sure how you'd set this up, but you'd essentially have two weapon slots and when you change, it switches to the weapon in the other slot.

And then reverses it to change back to the other weapon.

Thanks for the tip, I bound the weapons and it's hotswitching now.

Not sure when that can be tested in combat though.

I am puzzled that I couldn't bind key 2 though.

The order is 1,3,4.

What is that symbol that is blocking keybind 2?

Edited by XTgrndr

Like I said, "2" is for switching ammo types. From HP rounds to AP rounds to just normal rounds, etc. You cannot unbind that. To me, that was the right call since you can switch ammo types on the fly to deal with multiple targets with varying degrees of armor. Not to mention that it makes it easier for you to advantage of all of FNV's different ammo types.

And yes you can switch weapons while in combat with the hotkeys. I do it all the time as probably most FNV players. It's also the main reason why the faster holstering perk exists.

Edited by dangman4ever