Is is against the rules to make Patreon exclusive content for mods on here?

t3hWAR10CK

One of the mod authors on here is planning on withholding significant amounts of new content for a mod he is working on and placing it behind a paywall on Patreon. I am not sure if the non-solicitation rules regarding donations apply to external sites or not. But I am assuming that they do.

I would like to mention, this author is still providing updates to this mod on the Nexus but is simply withholding significant parts as "Patreon Exclusive Content".

Putting content behind a paywall IS a violation of the terms of use for the CK, and at one time, really annoyed Bethesda. But, of late, there are numerous content creators hiding their stuff behind paywalls, of which, Beth is well aware, and they haven't done anything about it. (at least, nothing anyone knows about, and certainly nothing that has affected them in any way.... all that stuff is still there.)

The "non-commercial use" thing isn't a Nexus only policy, it is a Bethesda policy. Nexus merely enforces it here as well. Mod authors are NOT permitted to make money from their mods, unless it is Beth paying them. (CC content.)

You cannot link to or advertise paywalled mod content on our site. This is detailed in our site rules here: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/77-donation-options-guidelines#Non_Solicitation_Rules

If you see anything you feel is breaking these rules, please report it using the appropriate tools and our moderators will review it.