GOTY not providing content.

vasarto

So, I have a bunch of mods loaded for the first time. nothing seems to be out of the ordinary except ONLY Shivering Isles is coming up. It's been years and years since I have played oblivion, but I remember the moment you leave the sewers you are bombarded with Shivering isles, Wizard Tower and other quests that automatically pop up. Only shivering isles came up and only after an hour later when I was exploring the city. Nights of the nine should be a part of this and so shouldn't other stuff. Where did the other goty content go and is there a mod that could be interfering with these?

My guess is one of your 'bunch of mods' is a DLC quest delayer (a mod that stops the DLC message spam when exiting the sewers until after you have attained whatever conditions it has set for any particular DLC).

Without a complete list of all of the mods you had installed the best any of us can do is speculate on the cause of the problem, so here's my next speculation ... one of the mods not falling under the category of 'most of the mods I have are retexture mods and unofficial patch mods for the base game and Shivering Islses' is the one causing the problem.

DLC quest delayer mods only require a single ESP to work.

weird. I disabled all the mods, and deleted the folder and uninstalled and reinstalled and went back to my previous gamefile and the quests still don't pop up. Its the game of the year edition and I remember the quests opening up immediately after the sewers, so if they are restored than opening the gamefile should return them and they should just be there.

WERE the knights and tower something that happened right away, or do I just not remember how to do it correctly? I tried loading the "redux" for the cragspire, but I got these "missing mesh" signs and the tower is mostly missing. I can "sort of" go inside of it if i use the no collision cheat but most of the tower is invisible.
Weird. I wonder if I just have to wait for the quest to unlock first before it appears for real, and if so than how long do I have to wait or what quests I need to complete to do it first.

To test if it's a mod then you'll need to use a new character to test after doing a clean vanilla install as game variables that stop the quest popups from continually reoccurring under normal circumstances will be baked into your previous save.

Found out what my problem was. Apparently, the PC GOTY doesn't come with all the DLC like the Xbox 360 copy does. I need the "Deluxe" issue which is why none of the plugins for any dlc exists. Wow...what the actual f*** Bethesda?

Well, I don't think you need the horse armor or the Orrery. There's plenty of player house mods that blow the DLC ones out of the water. That leaves Mehrunes Razor... but there's plenty of good dungeon mods available. Think of it as having saved yourself a few dollars. :)

I like the orrery. I actually just bought the deluxe despite already having the base game. Sorry, I am a sucker for needing everything. I had this game for a very long time but now there is a mod that I don't need to personally input my own controller map onto it like I had to when I first got the game and i simply cannot play this on keyboard. Thanks for trying to help me but this time it was me not understanding what I was getting.