We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Is it safe yet .

moonraker481

Well, I am running 146 mods using the AE version of the game and I have been playing more than 20 hours so far and I have not had any CTD at all.

I am very surprised with the performance of the game to be honest. There are some hiccups though ... when you sleep, the character stand up on the bed; if you fast travel to Winterhold, you may get a CTD or your loading screen will take a lot of time or never to get to the game; some players have been reporting that when you loot, you do not get everything and other details but I can testify that I have not had any CTD even using magic against a lot of spawns in a same cell.

So, if you upgrade or not it is kind of a personal call. Because I do not loot and I do not care about sleeping at all, those hiccups do not bother me at all.

with over 100mods loaded ure bound to have inconsistencies with AE when u upgrade. i just have my game upgraded because i couldnt be bothered anymore to stop the upgrades or constant backwards patch because it always gets damn updated for a reason or another. most mods will work without a problem but youre bound to some mods not loading/working while playing AE. im quite regretefull of having updated my mods with ae compatibilty at one point because if i want to run as smooth as previously now ill need to roolback everything and all the work itll give, plus i wouldnt be able to play my ae saves as they could end up corrupted or having plenty of missing things...

Personally, I couldn't get it to work reliably.

Even lost the keyboard and mouse.

One mod worked yesterday, but not today..

Fix one thing, another thing pops up.

Like a cat chasing it's tail.

I deleted it and will wait and see.

Right now for myself, more work than play IMHO.