missing topics

OLD_NICK

three topics in dialogue are missing : "little advice", "little secret" and "latest rumors".

when I start the game everything was OK, but after a while this topics disappaer.

Some of the mods that I use needs to be started by "latest rumors" and I can't start the quests.

example :

in "Stronghold Island" - " You can start the quest by talking to the NPC Tarin Malik in Seyda Neen about the latest rumors. "

but when I talk with him there is no "latest rumors".

How can I fix this?

I found the mod that cause this problem ( " redoranfort_0730 ) , but when I remove this mod and try to load my save game, the game crash because I have been there ( in redoran fort ).

Also I found in my save game ( when renamed from .ess to .esp and opened with TES ) that ID "DIAL latest rumors" is deleted ("little secret" and " "little advice" too)

How I can restor this ID ( in my save game ), because I am in the middle of the game and I don't want to start again :(

• 1 month later...

First off, you shouldnt triple post. Thats why theres an edit button.

What you can try is going back to another save before you went there. I know that mod caused me many problems too. If you saved AFTER the mod was loaded, you're probably screwed unless you re-install. I'm not sur how to fix this problem. But to re-install, just copy your save game file, put it in... say "My Documents" and then re-instal MW. Then drag your save game back into the save folder and you should be all set. You'll have to put any mods you want back on though.

First off, get MWEE (Main Package, Manual) and TESPCD (Main Package) -- the former will handle savegames much better than the CS, and will let you deal with the raw hex of a plugin, and the latter will get potential problems sorted out when you're instaling a new mod (not in the "push a button, get back a clean mod" sense of TESTool, but through viewing conflicts and bad data yourself, then choosing which records to remove).

After you have the necessary tools, make a copy of the plugin and, using MWEE, remove all CELL records from it; afterwards, implant your choice of the DIAL entries for the missing topics so as to overwrite the ones currently in the plugin -- the obvious choice would be to use the entries from Morrowind.esm, but if you have a plugin that contains the relevant records (to the exception of the unedited instance of the plugin that started this mess), that would probably be a better source. Load up the game with both the original and edited plugin loaded, and, after a few AddTopic commands issued to the console, you should be set.

Archived