1.6.342 rest in peace SKSE again

DanielVacha

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F$#!!ing Bethesda have done it again.

Just when I thought it was safe to reinstall Skyrim I was able to run a few mods except for some still waiting for an update we get get another bloody update from Bugthesda. Managed to play for a few days till I got that message telling me that SKSE is out of date again just for some minor fixes to their crappy Creation Content that I have no interest in purchasing the bundle for. If this is how things are going to be then we should get two free CC content for every update Bethesda releases but at this rate they might have to release all the CC content for free.

Not interested in Survival mode. Actively avoided Saints and Seducers because it makes bandits spawn inside cities killing some npcs but the quest still starts when travelling from Dawnstar to Winterhold. Curious Curiosities is just some random clutter and fishing in Skyrim reminds me why I don't do it in real life ... IT'S BLOODY BORING!

When I first heard of Skyrim Anniversary edition I thought it was going to be another re-release of Skyrim in order to make up for the money that Fallout 76 lost. I wish that was the case because we would not be having these problems. Now I'm going to uninstall Skyrim again but this time I'll stay away for a few months instead of one. Time to reinstall Fallout 4 for Sim Settlements Chapter 2 and hope I don't see an Anniversary version for that game.

If the "modding community" keeps complaining about them patching bugs in the game and it causing a USUALLY LESS THAN ONE DAY DELAY in playing the game for people who are using a COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED program that hacks the game engine, then yes I can see them doing that. Mainly because your "only thing that keeps their games relevant" line is unsubstantiated bull.

If the "modding community" keeps complaining about them patching bugs in the game and it causing a USUALLY LESS THAN ONE DAY DELAY in playing the game for people who are using a COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED program that hacks the game engine, then yes I can see them doing that. Mainly because your "only thing that keeps their games relevant" line is unsubstantiated bull.

So what does Todd's baby-butter taste like?

Bethesda is nakedly trying to undermine the modding community that still makes a 10-year-old game relevant by releasing micro-patches adding "content" or fixing bugs (which modders regularly fix anyway) while changing how the game runs fundamentally, so the SKSE guys and all the mods that rely on SKSE have to get back to work and update their creations. Also, "completely unsupported" my ass, they literally gave them a headstart to get SKSE up and running to mitigate some of the damage they were intentionally causing.

But by all means, keep playing vanilla skyrim with no mods and get stuck trying to complete "Blood On Ice" if you like and accept the fact that the vast majority of players don't want to do that.

TL;DR: Fanboy detected, opinion rejected.

Edited by SignorAde

Here's an idea: Bethesda should put some minor DRM on the next release of Skyrim and put an end to SKSE altogether. Then you can all shut up about them fixing bugs for the people that are experiencing those bugs.

Better idea: A cabal of modders far more talented than myself replatforms Skyrim in Unreal 5 and the new platform includes the equivalent of SKSE, Jcontainers, ConsoleUtil, SkyUI, Physics, Race Menu, Race Menu Compatibility, and SoS built in.

they literally gave them a headstart to get SKSE up and running to mitigate some of the damage they were intentionally causing.

You're actually unable to see the inherent contradiction in this? Bethesda could shut down SKSE instantly, any time they wanted, but instead they provide preview copies so that their bug fixes cause as little issue as possible. And from this you conclude that they are actively trying to destroy the modding community?

This is why the conspiracy nut crowd in modding is worthless.