1.6.342 rest in peace SKSE again

DanielVacha

Here's an idea: Bethesda should put some minor DRM on the next release of Skyrim and put an end to SKSE altogether. Then you can all shut up about them fixing bugs for the people that are experiencing those bugs.

Better idea: A cabal of modders far more talented than myself replatforms Skyrim in Unreal 5 and the new platform includes the equivalent of SKSE, Jcontainers, ConsoleUtil, SkyUI, Physics, Race Menu, Race Menu Compatibility, and SoS built in.

And you think Bethesda would allow that if they were trying to hurt the modding community? Just let you steal their IP without reacting?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mainly because your "only thing that keeps their games relevant" line is unsubstantiated bull."

... you really think it's themselves keeping it that relevant? that is by far the most hilarious and absurd thing I've heard in a long time. Modding literally is the one and only possibility that Skyrim is as relevant as it is today.

Then explain why it sells on Switch?

edit: Actually, nevermind. It wouldn't matter if mods were the only reason a single copy of Skyrim ever sold over the last 10.1 years.

This whole stupid conspiracy argument being made is based on the idea that the standard Bethesda has to meet to be seen as "supporting mods" is to never patch any bugs in the game, regardless of how bad they are, unless they are directly affecting the person making the argument. It doesn't matter how many other people have problems fixed by this patch, all that matters is that they, personally, are slightly inconvenienced for a short time.

If Bethesda ever does remove modding from their future games, it won't be because of money, it will be because they're sick of dealing with people like that.

Here's an idea: Bethesda should put some minor DRM on the next release of Skyrim and put an end to SKSE altogether. Then you can all shut up about them fixing bugs for the people that are experiencing those bugs.

Better idea: A cabal of modders far more talented than myself replatforms Skyrim in Unreal 5 and the new platform includes the equivalent of SKSE, Jcontainers, ConsoleUtil, SkyUI, Physics, Race Menu, Race Menu Compatibility, and SoS built in.

Great idea. I would be so happy.

I have every right to be pissed off at Bethesda over this. I paid money for a product that no longer works. This is not just another hiccup that will resolve itself in a day. First we got to wait on SKSE getting updated, then we got to wait for mods that use SKSE to be updated again. I would hate to be a mod author right now trying to update a mod only for another patch from Bethesda in a month's time that wrecks everything again. I would not blame the mod authors if they eventually say "#@!% it. I can't keep up with this."

Let's not forget that this is a game that is 10 years old with bugs that Bethesda could not be bothered to fix and was only sorted by modders. Now we have to wait on things like the Unofficial Skyrim patch to be updated for the millionth time. Let's not forget that Bethesda tried to sell the idea of the Creation Club to mod authors "We'll buy your mod for $200 and make sure it's looked over by our QA team and iron out the bugs" Well guess what, it's still riddled with bugs. Besides most of the content is just read a note from an npc because they couldn't be bothered to add voiced dialogue and go to location x, kill enemy z, loot, read another note, rinse and repeat x4, end of quest, enjoy your new horse armour.

As I said the best thing would have been to leave Special Edition alone and made a seperate Anniversary Edition with the Creation Club content for all the Bethesda Simps.

Edited by kimota720

Just to save you all some complaining time, the new SKSE is out and the Address Library already updated earlier this afternoon, so everything that worked yesterday should be working again now.

Less than a day. Oh, how you suffer so other people can get their bugs fixed.