Needing to mod 2 plugins at same time.

xThehavok

So the issue I'm having is I'm trying to mod pine tree redone with my settlement mod enabled so I can see what trees needs to move or be deleted etc. The issue I have, is when the tree mod is set to active, regardless of my mod being loaded or not, I can't see the trees, just red boxes with exclamation marks everywhere. But if my mods active and the tree mod is loaded, then I can see them fine... So I can't mess with the tree mod in any meaningful way.

Ok, fine so then I tried merging the mods which would be really nice, nope that's not happening either. xedit won't do it.

I've been looking around to see if anyone on any forum has been down this road but i can't find any info for my issue. I REALLY like pine tree redone in the game so if possible, I'd like to make it work with my mod, but I'm stumped on how to make that happen.

With all the great info I get on here, maybe one day I can not suck at this and help people out lol, THANKS ALL!

Edited by xThehavok

The reason for those red boxes with the "!" is that the CK can't load or find the mesh.

Maybe the ba2 archives of the mod did not get loaded for some reason?

Maybe try to set the tree mod as a master file to your settlement mod?

You can do that with xEdit.

Then you can use stuff from the tree mod in your settlement mod.

And for merging, I personally always use a tool called zMerge.

(https://github.com/z-edit/zedit/releases)

And you NEVER DELETE ANYTHING!

If you want to remvoe something , you disable it.