A way to increase the npc attack radius?

South8028

Where exactly is the npc attack radius spelled out? For example, vertibird sees enemies far away and flies to attack them. How to increase the reaction distance for all npc? So that they spot the actor / other npc at a great distance and open fire. Because vanilla radii are terrible. They don't see anything at arm's length.

I use Pack Attack, NPC Edition. It dramatically alters NPC AI, and makes the game significantly more dangerous. You can also alter the number of spawns that show up, adding a further level of interest. :D Gotta sign up for his site to download though.

thanks, I'll take a look, but I would just like to know how to change the radius / strength of the alarm parameter. I have made a big rebalance of all weapons, armor, ai packages. If some mod changes something globally, it will take it all.

I use Pack Attack, NPC Edition. It dramatically alters NPC AI, and makes the game significantly more dangerous. You can also alter the number of spawns that show up, adding a further level of interest. :D Gotta sign up for his site to download though.

thanks, I'll take a look, but I would just like to know how to change the radius / strength of the alarm parameter. I have made a big rebalance of all weapons, armor, ai packages. If some mod changes something globally, it will take it all.

Open your NPC (Actor) >> AI Data (tab) >> check the checkbox "Aggro Radius Behavior" (Warn: 1024, Warn / Attack: 520, Attack: 500 sould be fine. Here's what they do).

You need to make sure their AI packages also have this checkbox checked (AI Package >> Flags tab >> "Aggro Radius Behavior").

If you'd like to alter the detectibility of an NPC or the Player "globally", you can create and add a Perk to your Actor >> Add new Perk Entry Point >> Choose "Mod Detection Movement" and "Mod Detection Sneak Skill" from the dropdown menu. You can take a look at the vanilla Sneak Perks to see how they work.

Edited by LarannKiar

Be aware that using aggro radius will make an actor attack neutral faction relations actors which can cause issues.

You may get better results with the actual detection game values:
fCombatSearchExteriorRadiusMax
fCombatSearchExteriorRadiusMin
fCombatSearchInteriorRadiusMax
fCombatSearchInteriorRadiusMin
Source: the excellenly researched game settings in https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27763

Â

Â

Â

Open your NPC (Actor) >> AI Data (tab) >> check the checkbox "Aggro Radius Behavior" (Warn: 1024, Warn / Attack: 520, Attack: 500 sould be fine. Here's what they do).

Â

You need to make sure their AI packages also have this checkbox checked (AI Package >> Flags tab >>Â "Aggro Radius Behavior").

Â

If you'd like to alter the detectibility of an NPC or the Player "globally", you can create and add a Perk to your Actor >> Add new Perk Entry Point >> Choose "Mod Detection Movement" and "Mod Detection Sneak Skill" from the dropdown menu. You can take a look at the vanilla Sneak Perks to see how they work.

Thank you. But Agro-radius doesn't work like that. Increasing the values ââonly works if some friendly NPC can see the enemy. For example, if there is a friendly vertibird somewhere within the prescribed values ââ(up to 65k), then all npc run there to fight. But these npcs themselves are still blind and do not see anything.

Be aware that using aggro radius will make an actor attack neutral faction relations actors which can cause issues.Â

Â

You may get better results with the actual detection game values:

Â

fCombatSearchExteriorRadiusMax

fCombatSearchExteriorRadiusMin

fCombatSearchInteriorRadiusMax

fCombatSearchInteriorRadiusMin

Â

Source: the excellenly researched game settings in https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27763

Thank you. It works. I will experiment. I would like to get snipers to appear. Careless movement around the city, ideally, should lead to the fact that the bullet came from nowhere and killed. It would be nice if someone completely reworked ai for hardcore. To prevent the npc from screaming, not running under the bullets, but shooting from ambushes and from long distances.