A missing left hand.

Alixen

Hey.

I'm currently struggling around ways to do this myself, but i'm not having much luck, and thought I'd see if anyone was willing to help.

I'm trying to roleplay that my character lost her left hand in a fight, but the way Oblivion handles hands, its a bit problematic. I'm not even sure of the mechanics of getting around it.

I don't need the hand to actually be none-functional, I can avoid two-handed weapons myself.

What I need is a piece of armour or jewellery that makes it obvious that the characters left hand isn't suppose to be there.

Perhaps a 'ring' that is in fact just the hand portion of a dwarven glove. Any synthetic replacement would lose the illusion the moment it clenched or somesuch. One of the biggest problems is that with the body being hollow, when you remove the hands you can see up into the body, and its clear they are hollow, as opposed to an amputee. What would be perfect would be a 'cup' over the left wrist, with the hand not there, but I'm not sure how feasible this would be.

I'd even go with the idea of a cloth filled inarticulate glove on the left hand.

I could really use some help here, I really want to follow this thread for my characters roleplay, but the game mechanics are really limiting here.