SKSE64 Loader not working

ENGBOBA

I'm confused. SKSE64 2.1.4 is for AE, isn't it?

What if you're still using SE?

Should 2.1.4 work for SE as well?

I don't want AE.

But I'm getting this same error when trying to use 2.0.2 or 2.1.4.

(I think I just started modding just as Bethesda updated again.)

AE is SE. When they say "AE" they are only referring to the 1.6 version of the game.

Ignore ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about "AE" or "SE" and only pay attention to game version numbers and SKSE version numbers.

If your game is version 1.5.97 then you need SKSE 2.0.2

If your game is 1.6.342 then you need SKSE 2.1.4

The matching game versions and SKSE version numbers are listed on Silverlock, as part of the download text.

If you don't have either version 1.5.97 or 1.6.342 then that means you are stuck between the last version before they changed the compiler (the cause of all the recent uproar) and the latest version. You will need to either let the game update to 1.6.342 or use the "Unofficial Downgrade Patcher" to go back to 1.5.97

But the most important thing to remember is that your game version, your SKSE version and your mods all have to be matched. They all need to be compatible versions. And this information will be listed on all the download pages.

AE is SE. When they say "AE" they are only referring to the 1.6 version of the game.

Ignore ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about "AE" or "SE" and only pay attention to game version numbers and SKSE version numbers.

If your game is version 1.5.97 then you need SKSE 2.0.2

If your game is 1.6.342 then you need SKSE 2.1.4

The matching game versions and SKSE version numbers are listed on Silverlock, as part of the download text.

If you don't have either version 1.5.97 or 1.6.342 then that means you are stuck between the last version before they changed the compiler (the cause of all the recent uproar) and the latest version. You will need to either let the game update to 1.6.342 or use the "Unofficial Downgrade Patcher" to go back to 1.5.97

But the most important thing to remember is that your game version, your SKSE version and your mods all have to be matched. They all need to be compatible versions. And this information will be listed on all the download pages.

Thanks.

So when you say "Ignore ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about "AE" or "SE"" you're referring to the version description on Silverlock, "Preliminary AE build 2.1.4" and to just focus on the runtime number given "(runtime 1.6.342)" ?

Correct.

For some stupid reason Bethesda called the free game update "the Anniversary Edition".

And they also put up a "DLC" compilation of CC mods, that they also called an upgrade to "the Anniversary Edition", even though you already had the patch whether you got the DLC or not.

And then they also called the PS5/Series X upgrades on consoles "the Anniversary Edition", even though the PS4/Xbox One versions also got the free update to "the Anniversary Edition".

It's a confusing mess and it's much easier to refer to them by version number rather than their silly marketing name.

• 3 months later...

to be accurate, if you have 1.5.97, you need either 2.0.17 (I am still running that version. I have a few older mods that don't play nicely with 2.0.19 and I haven't chanced 2.0.20 yet), 2.0.19 (most 1.5.97 users are running at least this version afaik), or 2.0.20

point being 2.0.20 isn't *necessarily "the" version to run, depending on your installed mod base.