Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC Mods in 2021 - Which to choose?

Ella81

Warnig! Possible spoilers, be warned!

Like a topic's question. I had Nuka World Reborn, but I'm not fully satisfied with it. Brotherhood storyline would be great, but they wanna destroy main BoS from the Commonwelth, and I don't want that. So I've played Lucy's version, She only wanted NW BoS to be killed. If there would be nothing else, then I'll keep this mod, but It would be cool to know other options. And, Nuka World Reborn is a bit buggy mod. I had my compannion missing very often, I had to teleport him to me with console command. Game was often stuck at loading screen, and My character had no voice. But it was possible to fix, not intented to be that way, cause when I've dissabled the mod, get throught gauntlet and killing Colter, and then talked to the guy at overboss'es place, and then activate the mod again, My character could normally speak.

So what do you think would be good alternate storyline for Nuka World DLC (getting rid of the raiders and having fun with it)? What I like about Far Harbor DLC, is what's done in Far Harbor, stays in Far Harbor. So whatever mod would that be, I don't want Nuka world faction to kill any faction of the Commonwelth. I've seen the mod where Minutemen have taken over NW, I am fresh in playing modded Fallout 4. The bigger problem with choosing the mod, is that those mods are pretty old, and often abandoned, so how to pick something what will not destroy my game?.

Just because a mod is old, doesn't imply it isn't any good. Read thru the recent comments on the mod, and check out the bugs tab, if there is one. There are some golden oldies out there, that were great then, and still great now.

I would love to see a mod that turned Nuka World into a trading center, without the hassle of raiders...... Supposedly, that's what it was intended for in vanilla, if you didn't the "Open Season" quest, but, once done, sure, the raiders are gone, for the most part, but, that is also the end of the storyline..... Would love to be able to build the place up, and have it provide a nice income. :D (and I don't even really care about the income.)

I'm not saying old is bad, only it's hard to find out which one is OK or not OK, Is the fact, the mod is abandoned really so bad? After all the game doesn't get any new official updates anyway.

I was thinking about the mod which let you put Minutemen into Nuka World, and there is one which adds few quests after clearing out the Raiders, Nuka World Plus, or something. Killing all raiders alone, or even with the compannion, is very difficult, so some helping mod would be good to have. I liked the idea to sabotage the raiders, from Nuka reborn, but the rest of this story was not OK. This is exacly why I've said at the beginning, I don't want Nuka Story to become Commonwelth Story.

What I really would like is some help with killing the raiders, and no killing any other faction, from both NW an the Commonwelth. That's why I thing I'll give Nuka World Plus a chance.

Read the comments on mods that appeal to you. Any glaring issues will be pointed out in there. Don't have to read the whole thread, as some of them can run to way to many pages. :D If you don't see anything joy-killing in the first four or five pages, you are probably good. :D

Having the right weapons, and sufficient ammunition is key to taking out the raiders. I usually scout around for a good, defensible spot, and then try and draw the raiders to me. I use PANPC though, so the raiders AI tends to want them to run toward the gunfire, and the dead bodies. :D It CAN get hairy, that's why a defensible position is pretty much a requirement. :D The marketplace is a tough one though, there is never a time when it is JUST the raiders in there, so, you have to be careful whom you shoot at, and the raiders subscribe to the 'spray and pray' school of gun fighting.... THAT spot IS a tough one.