Is there a new cap on crafting enchantments?

GlassDeviant

I just made a set of basic crafting gear (ring, necklace, head, mask, gloves with Fortify Alchemy) like I always did before, then used them to make Fortify Enchanting potions. When I quaffed one of these potions before making the Mark II versions of the alchemy gear (like I always did before) I got the exact same bonuses as the Mark I set (which has never happened before). Is this new to the 1.9.32.0.8 or thereabouts version of Skyrim? I could have sworn that I did this before on 1.9.32.0.8 at least once.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I just did another test one the same piece of gear, with and without using a potion of Fortify Enchanting 34%, and the item came up exactly the same both with and without the potion.

Anyone seen this before? Could it be some side effect of a mod, or a conflict? I can't think of anything added recently that would affect crafting at all except maybe Perks Unbound (?)

Seriously? Why did they do that? That's going way beyond bug fixing and into "deciding what game mechanics everybody should use."

Do you know what the name of it is, or have a link to it? Lots of files on this site.

Are you referring to the Restoration potion exploit? I never used that, I used the alchemy/enchanting loop:

1) make a set of fortify alchemy gear (cowl, mask, gloves/gauntlets, necklace, ring)

2) create a fortify enchanting potion

3) make a better set of fortify alchemy gear using the fortify enchanting potion

4) create a better fortify enchanting potion using the better set of fortify alchemy gear

5) create a final set of fortify alchemy gear using the better fortify enchanting potion

I didn't even consider it an exploit because it was much more limited and only a logical extrapolation of how the magic system works.

• 1 month later...